11.22.2008

PaNdEmOnIuM

Thaaaaat's right, a dozen of my friends and I decided to embrace our inner adolescence this weekend like we never did when we actually were adolescences. We bought tickets to the Friday night showing of Twilight, made t-shirts (mine said "Team Edward" on the back. I also was in charge of making another friends, It said "Lion" and on the back: "It's whats for dinner", another said Imprintable... you get the idea). We then sat in line for an hour playing cards then got great seats for the what I heard one teenager say was "important history in the making."

I will first say that I need to go see it again. No, not because I am some over crazed fan, but for three key reasons 1)basically I COULDN'T HEAR PARTS OF THE MOVIE!!! 2) I was laughing so hard at other parts that I wasn't paying attention 3) I was anticipating how they would interpret the book that I didn't just sit back and enjoy. The Beatle-esque screaming was a bit predictable so I would put my head down and just brace myself to laugh. 1) Edward on screen 2) Jacob shows up (quickly followed by booing, which led to a brief screaming match from people in the audience. Sheesh, behind camp lines people....) 3) the loudest was when Bella and Edward kiss for the first time. I missed what I heard was a good scene because I was convulsively laughing and looking in amazement at people RECORDING it. Seriously??? I was never like this when I was younger. What's the deal?!

It's a bit surreal to me right now, I ravaged through the books then was a bystander to months and months of movie hype build-up. And now I've seen it but... I'm not sure what to say! I was fairly curious to see where they would put one of my favorite Muse songs and when it finally happened... perfect scene! I was also pleasantly surprised that the outtakes were done to one of my favorite Radiohead songs. Well done to whomever chose the music! I will acquiesce that minus Rosalie the actors were great for their parts and I can finally see why everyone was talking about Emmett- every bit the Abercrombie model of his youth and he delivers a few good one liners. Edward puzzled me with the constant angst but I'm a sucker for a boy in a hoodie or a suit, both of which he wears with style. The special effects however did leave us laughing in parts. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, I think I'm still amazed...maybe I'll be able to comment more when I've SEEN it all (Thanksgiving break). So, I'm curious maybe you weren't distracted as much as I was, what did you think?!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that they actually developed a relationship between Edward and Bella, which the books didn't even do. Special effects were pretty funny. Oh well, can't all be LOTR. I hope they make the rest of them!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's not winning an award or anything... well maybe on MTV. But I really enjoyed it! We had a lot of screaming fans as well. I did not however like Bella's song. Um... it's only suppose to be a P-I-A-N-O!! Oh well, the books will stay safe in my mine :)

Dean and Carly said...

We don't get to see it until boxing day, but me and rose will both be there, (I havn't actually read the books)so i think i will be in for a treat

Charlotte Rose said...

Lucky, we have to hold out for another 5 weeks, i have heard mixed reviews though about the film, but a little love story never hurt anyone who's a hopeless romantic. When you have seen it again I want to know what your thoughts are second time around. : )

Unknown said...

Ha! That sounds awesome! There weren't as many shout-out's in our theater, but when Edward breaks a branch on rock, some lady yells, "That's sexy!!" in this really funny voice. It was like she couldn't help it or something. I love it. I love crazy fans. What can I say? As for the movei? Sure! It was great.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Tish and I made Curt and Kolby go with us and they both really liked it, Curt's reading it now. I was distracted myself, but it was mostly by Jasper's good looks. Curt LOVED Rosalie, he thought she was the hottie of the movie, go figure! I'm going again this weekend with some ladies from the ward and I am going to pay better attention too! But overall, I really liked it!

M. said...

Carly and Rose... I will let you know :) I'm especially excited to hear what you think Rose!!

Jess... Jasper? Srsly? He is very Kolbyesque :) I'm def. Edward but I suppose the quasi emo look for me is nothing new aye? I'm sad WE can't see it together. We need to chat soon! Oh and tell curt he's always been odd.

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Can't wait to see it! You look super skinny in that picture!

Erin said...

You are just a cutie! I am so glad you were able to embrace your adolescence! Glad you had such a great laugh.