Well maybe just the minor leagues, but that counts, right? I've been to Florida a few times, I've been to Chicago. I've even been to lil' ol Oklahoma... but I've never been out of the country for work before. Well, that's aaaaall about to change. I'm doing a press job in none other than "I have no idea what that street sign says" China. It's things like this that make me realize that if I slowly alter the type of press I do, I wouldn't mind toting around that ID badge for a while longer!I'll be in Shanghai for one week, all by my lonesome. They did offer to pay for my "significant other" to come as well... buuuuut. However I AM excited because this puts me one step closer to finishing up my passport (3 pages to go) before it expires. Thanks to Costa Rica who stamped on a completely separate page, I might, just might, have to get some add-in pages (grin). The last time I was in China was in 2006, so I'm curious to see exactly how it's changed since the Olympics. You know, if they actually learned how to form an orderly line like they were taught pre olympics or if they don't spit wherever they want anymore, that type of thing. I secretly hope they still do Tai Chi in parks every morning though, because I'd be on it like blue bonnet (learned that phrase this weekend, and you have to incorporate new words in order for them to stick!)
Oh, and can you say: Early Christmas shopping?! :)
2 comments:
I would offer to be your significant other, but my ears still haven't completely popped from the Costa Rica plane ride and it's making me so dizzy! Have lots of fun though, you little world traveler!
"I've never been out of the country before..." What is that??? Um, right. I think you've said that when you were like 1... maybe not even then! Um, what did you do with you HAIR???? Are you blond???? I DO LOVE IT!
Post a Comment