1.13.2010

7 RuLeS fOr HiGhLy EfFeCtiVe PeOpLe


For me, it was love at first sight. I wish I could recall the exact day or place that my path crossed with quotable cards, but alas I do not. The only thing I do know, is that ever since that foggy (memory) night I have Loved, LOVED, LOVED... loved, loved these cards.

You know what I'm talking about right? They're a bit artsy but in the minimalist kind of way. Each with a simple phrase from a not-so-simple minded person. Quotes like Winston Churchill's "Never, never, never give up!" and Gandhi's "Be the change you wish to see in the world" or mystic proverbs like, "A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day."

Well on my lunch break today I ran to Whole Foods and what to my wondering eyes should appear? A stack of new cards greeting me in the doorway! I ran (just figuratively, i wasn't that excited) and got my items then came back and spent a good five minutes perusing through the options. There were of course several that I wish I could have bought, but there was one that stuck out to me in particular (image above). Even though it's not a quote in the full sentence kind of way, I find it very motivational. It's a set of Life Rules.

The seven rules above are good ones, practical mixed in with the sentimental. It made me think...what information tid-bits have I gleaned in life to create Life Rules? Here's what I've come up with, what are yours?




2 comments:

modestmuse said...

Honesty really IS the best policy.

Charlotte Rose said...

Loving the quotes, they are really fantastic. I wish I could come on an African Safari, but in July I am off to the middle east to visit family. So sad: ) I really do love the list.
BTW I sometimes use windows live writer to do my pictures in polaroid form etc..