I had a birthday. And here's the proof:
92 Facebook messages
14 Texts
6 singing voicemails
(Amy, your rendition was particularly amusing)
5 phone calls +1 attempted
(dumb phone battery!)
3 emails
15 Friends for dinner
14 Texts
6 singing voicemails
(Amy, your rendition was particularly amusing)
5 phone calls +1 attempted
(dumb phone battery!)
3 emails
15 Friends for dinner
I've noticed a pattern that I don't care for odd-year birthdays. Maybe it comes from my youth, when my mom would only allow us to have friend gatherings every other year. Oh, who am I kidding, I've said it before: I get all squirmy around birthdays. You know, it's the awkwardness of getting sung to, being the center of attention...basically I hate being made a big deal. I even tried to stealthy celebrate my birthday by asking a few friends if they'd share in my craving for Linda's Chocolate Fudge cake at the Cheesecake Factory on Tuesday. However, my roommate wouldn't hear of it. She sent out and email inviting more people, and when the few I had stealthy invited found out why I had asked for a Tuesday dinner, I got scolded. Oops.
Since my birthday was on a weekday, I relished in the small things. I woke-up a bit late, had a freshly burned c.d. waiting at my door, had Lido's BBQ chicken pizza for lunch, Dairy Godmother sorbet, came home and took a nap, ate at the Cheesecake factory--full of amazing food and conversation, talked to my family and watched a new episode of LOST. Overall it was a great day. Well, besides the 2 hour lunch meeting coupled with my boss leading the entire office in an a rendition of Happy Birthday--painful--he laughed because he could see it on my face. However, he made up for it by bringing the aforementioned Dairy Godmother sorbet--yum!
I'm always glad that in a place like D.C., so many busy people were able to come for dinner. I'll also give that credit to everyone, no matter where they are, that took the time to call, send a card, find a little memento they knew I'd like (cadbury mini eggs, a travel book, a moleskin, a bracelet watch etc.) to make the day nicer than the rest. Those that weren't able to make the dinner made up for it throughout the week via impromptu dinners (see photo below), a visit to the Paper Source, stop-bys and emails. It's true, BirthDAYS become BirthWEEKs. Yeeeah, Happy Birthday me. Now, time to sugar detox.
Since my birthday was on a weekday, I relished in the small things. I woke-up a bit late, had a freshly burned c.d. waiting at my door, had Lido's BBQ chicken pizza for lunch, Dairy Godmother sorbet, came home and took a nap, ate at the Cheesecake factory--full of amazing food and conversation, talked to my family and watched a new episode of LOST. Overall it was a great day. Well, besides the 2 hour lunch meeting coupled with my boss leading the entire office in an a rendition of Happy Birthday--painful--he laughed because he could see it on my face. However, he made up for it by bringing the aforementioned Dairy Godmother sorbet--yum!
I'm always glad that in a place like D.C., so many busy people were able to come for dinner. I'll also give that credit to everyone, no matter where they are, that took the time to call, send a card, find a little memento they knew I'd like (cadbury mini eggs, a travel book, a moleskin, a bracelet watch etc.) to make the day nicer than the rest. Those that weren't able to make the dinner made up for it throughout the week via impromptu dinners (see photo below), a visit to the Paper Source, stop-bys and emails. It's true, BirthDAYS become BirthWEEKs. Yeeeah, Happy Birthday me. Now, time to sugar detox.

3 comments:
why is your birthday in February! Paris in April/May would be so much better...
yeah, don't think I haven't thought of that. But I've always wanted to go... I figure if I'm not married, I'm going. Somewhere warm and exotic could win (if you have suggestions) If not, Oui, Paris!
You look so cute with your cake! Happy Birthday! I am so behind on things, but I am happy you had a good one. I hope you get your birthday wish. Also I hope next year you and a lucky guy can jet off to Paris together!!
Post a Comment