2.24.2010

MeEt ThE pReSs

Every so often I get snarky comments about how much I travel. I'm sorry, do you want me to post photos of my ordinary day on Facebook? I will one day, just you wait! Then what will you do?!

I even had one friend that was sent as the "ambassador" of a few mission acquaintances to ask how I got to travel so much. They either thought I traveled on my parents dime or that I was independently loaded. Now, one of these (the former) I found quite offensive. I'm almost 30 and you think mommy and daddy pay? Please! (Not that it wouldn't be nice. wink, wink.) The other, don't I wish... it's called non-profit for a reason! Instead, my travel philosophy is as follows: A load of pre-planning, having friends scattered around the world, living next to an HUGE international airport=cheap-er flights, a mileage credit card and traveling on a dime--can you beat a $3 Motel 8 in Shanghai?

But just in case you are one of those naysayers, and in an attempt to dispel these ludicrous rumors, I found some photos of press from our photographer in Vegas... and guess what, it's me! Well, and one of Mitt Romney. I don't care what party line you tow, that man is an amazing speaker and businessman. I do have to laugh though, because in each of these I'm speaking (or listening) with foreigners--ha, my coworkers weren't surprised!


Exhibit A.
McGraw-Hill rep, me, our PR rep


Exhibit B.
European publisher and moi


Our keynote speaker Mitt Romney
I argued to meet shadow him because he was my people.

P.S. I do realize that these pics are of me from the same day...but each proceeding day I look more and more exhausted, or could only be found in the press room editing and publishing everything. Blah.

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

There is no need to ever apologize for your traveling!! Anyone making snarky comments needs to learn to be happy for the good in other peoples' lives! Anyone who is a true friend knows you prioritize travel above other expenses. You know how to budget your time and finances to enable you to do the things which make you happy. This is a great trait of yours!! Although, I won't turn down a peak at "Melinda sitting at a desk" photo... I'm sure it'd be good for a laugh ;)