3.04.2010

Do-OvEr

I'll verify if they've really got more bounce in California. The last time I was in So Cal was as a missionary, which in my book doesn't count. Sure, I worked hard and I "lived" there, but in the three months I was on loan from Temple Square, Did I get to go to Disneyland? no. Did I get to go to the beach? no. Did I get to go to downtown San Diego? No. Did I have a camera to take photos? No. Did I get to eat at In-and-Out? Well yes, but that's not the point.

My sojourn in the Golden State (I'm still confused if that moniker is for mining gold, fake blonds, sandy beaches or bronzed skin) was spent walking around in the streets, sweating profusely, getting bouts of food poisoning, butchering the Spanish language and looking, ironically, in vain for Mexicans (who knew there was a pocket village of Philippinos?) Now, way too many years later, I finally get to go back. Sure it will be interesting to see the same area in such a different light, but I'm also excited to enjoy the things that previously I had looked at like that poor kid in Hallmark movies. You know, standing in the snow with holey mittens watching people eat a 5 course meal by the fire.

This time I look forward to:

1. Staying up late and sleeping in
2. Seeing the famous beaches and even dipping a toe or two in
3. Riding the Golden Tea Cup and Splash Mountain
4. Relaxing
5. Seeing those Border Hopping warning signs
6. Pinkberry and In-and-Out
7. Getty Museum
8. Hiking up to Hollywood
9. Rodeo Drive
10. The Observatory

On another note, have you ever realized how many songs there are about California?!

No comments: