4.23.2010

StAnGeR dAnGeR!

With a few strokes of an electric razor, he goes from debonair to would-be sex offender. A few weeks ago, during one of my department's many impromptu meetings, we got on the topic of facial hair. Is it good or is it bad? During this tangential conversation, my coworker [man] says, "You can never trust a man with a mustache." I wholeheartedly agreed, but my boss, he thought it would be an entertaining experiment.

Consequently, this entire week my boss has been growing his facial hair, waiting for Friday to come. You see, today (Friday) is the day that boss and said coworker (he already had a goatee) would shave their respective facial hair into a formidable mustache. I didn't think they'd really do it, I mean everyone knows mustaches are creepy! However, this morning I got a text from my boss: "I'm running a little late. I have to run down to the City Hall and register as a sex offender." I burst out laughing and got the camera ready.

First to arrive, said coworker saunters in wearing jeans, a gray t-shirt and an open blue flannel shirt a la Kurt Cobain... all brought together by his newly manicured Fu Manchu mustache. A few minutes later, my boss came in sporting side-combed hair and the most disturbing mustache I've seen since Stanley Tucci in Lovely Bones. He reported that the lady in the elevator next to him moved as far away from him as possible and the lady who sold him his daily dose of coffee couldn't look him in the eye-- a sentiment I shared. If either of them come into my office, I'm not sure what it is, but I get all queasy and avert my attention elsewhere until they're done talking. A MAN WITH A MUSTACHE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!


Stanley Tucci in Lovely Bones


Who wore it creepier? Trucker (L) or high school principal (R)

11 comments:

Helen said...

trucker... exponentially

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.

and they are creepy.

Nicole said...

Hahahahaha!! HILARIOUS!!! NO to MUSTACHES, but YES to scruff (to good scruff)!

Abigail said...

oh wow...i can't believe those two. Adam is way, way creepier than Andy, I think it has something to do with the expression on his face. any good reactions from the staff?

Kimberly said...

I often refer to men with mustaches as "Chester." You know, Chester the Molester. Unfortunately, a few years ago there was a huge news story about a guy in Nevada who was a molester, and his name was Chester. True story. He didn't have a mustache, but he should have!

Kimberly said...

Ok, so I actually just went and looked up the story on CNN...turns out the guy does have a mustache.

M. said...

haha! Abi, yes... reactions were great. Erin didn't know it was a joke so tried to act natural but she was super fidgety and couldn't look at Adam. Everyone else just laughed (minus tom of course).

Kim: funny you should mention Chester, because I just got back from lunch and greeted my boss as,"hey Chester!"

Miss Amy said...

MOLESTOR-STACHES!!! BOTH of them!

Miss Amy said...

oh, and lay off the chester the molester!!!! my dad's name is chester :( and he is definitely NOT a molester! boo hoo!!!

M. said...

LOL!!! I just pictured your dad with JUST a mustache. ha ha. Don't worry, we love Chetaham. :-)

Charlotte Rose said...

hands down trucker though Stanley is rocking the porn stache.