5.18.2010

DrEsSeD tO [s]KiLL

Siblings that dress together, impress together. Now, I don't really think this photo is so tragic that it belongs in a the annuls of history, but you have to agree, it's pretty fantastic.

First, I draw your attention to the subtle detail of Easter baskets. My grandma made us matching bunny baskets that could hold the exorbitant amount of chocolate loot and hard boiled eggs (worth money) from egg hunts my grandpa and his best friend organized. I, being girl, got pink. But, I wonder how my brothers decided who got the stereotypical "boy blue" while the other got green. You may think that green was the coveted color, but I see how Neil holds his basket with a "BACK OFF" implied!

Next, please focus your attention to the wonderment of clothing. I'm curious if my brothers chose to wear their matchy-matchy suede vests. And not only did their vests match, but notice the complimentary lumberjack under shirt; I even think their shoes are the same! However, The Pièce de résistance comes from my brother Derek, who decided to take it one notch up on the coolness scale and combine it with matching trousers. Ouch, Neil out done. Then again, I think his grin makes up for it, its got a swagger all its own.

Then, there's me. Did I dress myself? Probably. Did I do it well, you decide. Teal trousers, blue shoes and a red sweater that doubled as a mathematics lesson. Sa-weet!

I think our haircuts are even the same. Ah, the joys of childhood.

7 comments:

MC said...

oh my gosh!! Now I know what that senior elder always said you were the girl in that commercial. "Daddy, will you read me... as story." fantastic!

MC said...

um, look what i found? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOGkbHvEqqA

M. said...

awesome. thank you for that. I don't think I'll ever forget that sacrament meeting... or all the sisters who my ENTIRE mission thought it was me.

DMS said...

Nope, was grandma who made the fantastic baskets that you used for years and years because they held so much lute! Can't blame me for all the cute'zie' stuff!

DMS said...

And the red sweater was a gift from Grandma Skea that you just had to wear....you were still the most adorable 3 year old around!

M. said...

I have no doubt :) thanks mom. I still like that sweater. did you save it?

modestmuse said...

So cute!!! LOL so funny to see old photos and how bad our clothing choices were "back then" :)