Specialty M&Ms
vs
Paul the Octopus

So, I bought a few bags of the Holland edition M&Ms... along with black licorice Mentos, a pack of melon Tic Tacs for a coworker and a few hazelnut Kitkats. I shoved them in my suitcase, and now fast forward a few weeks. While I was keeping tabs on the U.S. and England World Cup teams, I was also secretly keeping tabs on Holland as well. I was somewhat excited by the fact I got to enjoy a game with such fanatics, and even more so that they kept advancing! I even thought to myself, "it's because of the M&Ms, for sure." Apparently, my limited edition purchase must have counterbalanced the mini skirt scandal.
Yet, I must admit, when it came to the final match my loyalties were with La Furia Roja. I'd studied there once upon a time, so it's technically my home away from my home, away from home. Plus, who were my little M&Ms to go up against Paul the Octopus? Their good luck streak was peanuts compared to him! He's legit people, I mean he even has his own Wiki page.
vs
Paul the Octopus

I had just finished one of the last tours at the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam and began my haphazard walk to the train station. I was hungry, although it way past dinner time, so I popped into an open store to see what goodies they had (and avoid some drunk teens.) Among the rows of marijuana chocolate, Kinder Surprises AND (the real purpose of my trip) hazelnut Kitkats, I found Holland Edition M&Ms. The World Cup was on, I had just watched Holland crush their opponents a few hours before, and I thought, "Why not? It will at least be something great to give my coworkers!"
So, I bought a few bags of the Holland edition M&Ms... along with black licorice Mentos, a pack of melon Tic Tacs for a coworker and a few hazelnut Kitkats. I shoved them in my suitcase, and now fast forward a few weeks. While I was keeping tabs on the U.S. and England World Cup teams, I was also secretly keeping tabs on Holland as well. I was somewhat excited by the fact I got to enjoy a game with such fanatics, and even more so that they kept advancing! I even thought to myself, "it's because of the M&Ms, for sure." Apparently, my limited edition purchase must have counterbalanced the mini skirt scandal.
Yet, I must admit, when it came to the final match my loyalties were with La Furia Roja. I'd studied there once upon a time, so it's technically my home away from my home, away from home. Plus, who were my little M&Ms to go up against Paul the Octopus? Their good luck streak was peanuts compared to him! He's legit people, I mean he even has his own Wiki page.
No comments:
Post a Comment