
Besides the fact that your brain needs a break, sometimes there are other reasons (nay, a lot of reasons) to procrastinate what you're suppose to do. Being listed on a top travel website is one of them, at least in my book.
About a month or two ago, I happened to be perusing the Travel+Leisure website (who knows why... escapism and my form of day dreaming, most likely.) I noticed they were doing a photo contest and thought, why not? I uploaded a few photos and thought nothing of it... they weren't even my favorite shots, just ones that happened to be on my desktop and decent enough.
Well, tonight at approximately 10:03pm EST (again procrastinating from an article I need to finish) I once again found myself on the Travel+Leisure site. I noticed that the T+L staff had chosen their "Top 10" photos and voting was open. I decided to take a peak at the winners, after all you learn from the best, and I figured it would also give me ideas of where to visit next. When I clicked on the "Top 10" page and scrolled down, I gasped... MY photo was on it! (I also gasped because there was a typo, but that's an occupational hazard.)
There it was, a photo I'd taken of my friend Naomi from our trip last summer to Zion. We, along with our other friend Wes, decided to go see the Grand Canyon for the day. After a bumpy hour ride through hot sand, we were the only ones on the less-popular north rim. We did a lot of jumping, scaling and crawling around to get some fantastic views while we ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches--staple camping food. Naomi was a bit further east along the rim than I was, so I snapped her jumping down for her better view. Who would have thought, I didn't even edit it!
So, while everyone says it's a sign I should get on Facebook again in order to push votes (I am somewhat tempted), I suppose I'll just push for them here. So, vote for me, please... if you want to.. I mean, If
(voting ends July 28)
3 comments:
I'm demanding you get on facebook. You need to win.
Cooooooool
I tried to vote but it said I had to log in??? Am I doing it wrong?? Great photo, I always love looking at your pictures, what an honor to be chosen! We seriously need to get together! Maybe we can meet up when the Cafe Rio opens out here.
Post a Comment