Yesterday I was eating dinner in between my two nephews and we had a nice little chat. Not only did I learn that they too love Despicable Me, found it adorable that Clancey spells his name C-straight line-a-this (drawing an "n").... then trails off, but the fact that they were very concerned whether I was a grown-up or not. Beckham leaned over while Clancey shuffled to the front of his seat and, so no one else could hear, asked in a very perplexed voice,"You're not a mom yet, so your still a kid, right?"
In my mind I thought, well by that criteria there are some really old kids and some reeeaaally young adults... and does that mean I don't have to pay bills? But while they both leaned in waiting for the answer, I looked Clancey in the eye and said, "we'll, what do you think?" His face relaxed, he shuffled back to the back of his seat and declared, "Yeah, that's what I though, you're still a kid."
However, right now, I define being a kid whether you like running or not. For a kid, it's playing. For an adult, it's a (with varying degrees) a necessity.
How do you define being a kid?
No comments:
Post a Comment