11.09.2010

[Wo]MaN v. mAcHiNe

Never underestimate the power of written emotion, it may just mean you don't have any. Remember those books growing up where you could hear the actual emotion in character voices? But then again, a majority of the time your mental skimming or contextual misunderstanding leaves the emotion a bit hallow? The sobbing somewhat un-heartfelt? The "NO!!!!!!!" more like a whimper in space? Poor Romeo, we just thought your mourning was a just teen angst!

Well, today I came a little closer to feeling what NO with multiple exclamation marks (to the exponent of three) feels like. I was half way done with a project, which has taken hours upon hours of formatting, organizing, editing, and somehow lost it. I quickly realized that screaming at a computer wouldn't help, but I was oh so close. After having a schizophrenic moment of trying to calm myself down/freaking out that I couldn't find it, I found it (phew). However, that auto save didn't really work to my advantage and I now have to REFORMAT everything. Again.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From now on, those emotions get my utmost respect. And I kind of feel like doing this.

1 comment:

Helen said...

ha ha. one of the best parts of that movie.