3.10.2011
aLL GeEkEd OuT
Geek is the new Chic, just like kale is the new spinach. Last Friday was my roommate's birthday (yes, that does make 3 birthdays in 10 days) and in honor of her love of all things nerdy--she is an English teacher--we had a Geek Chic party. We played swirly-certifiable games like Memory, Boggle and Scrabble, munched on dorktastic snacks like PB&J, ants on a log, tootsie pops and boxes of raisins, and dressed the part with favorite book in tow (whereupon I realized most of my clothes can be considered geeky.)
We also put up a blank roll or paper with the title "I Was the Kid Who..." where people could confess their inner nerdiness. Some of my favorites are the following:
1) I set my house on fire
2) Knew all the X-Men by their real names
3) Turned in another student for stealing magic cards
4) Pretended to be sick to check the mail and intercept my bad grades
5) Took and extra pair of clothes and changed once I got to school
6) Missed the bus, ran after it and threw my backpack at the back window to get the bus to stop for me.
7) Loved math
8) Was depantsed while standing on a jump seat at the front of the school bus (I cried)
9) Wore my headgear to the Utah Jazz game
10) My father asked me to ditch school but I said no because school is important
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment