Here is a bag. One ordinary, fairly large bag.
Nothing special, just an unassuming floral patterned, vinyl bag.
If it was your bag what would you put in it?
Clothes? Groceries? Storage?
If you were Asian, you'd use it as your suitcase. (bible)
If it were me? Well, I don't have a bag that big,
but if I did, I'd do exactly what I did when I saw this hot commodity
sitting in my roommate's room....
I'd put another roommate in it.




If you were Asian, you'd use it as your suitcase. (bible)
If it were me? Well, I don't have a bag that big,
but if I did, I'd do exactly what I did when I saw this hot commodity
sitting in my roommate's room....
I'd put another roommate in it.
After this episode, I also realized it's not the first bag-stuffing incident I've had in my life. I guess I've been lucky to have friends that humor me.
Epileptic Bag. The first time was at an EFY in Ohio my junior year. My bestie AS and I had been hanging out with a group of guys from Indiana all week. We watched the World Cup, they made inappropriate (but hilarious) comments and we all created a bit of clean mischief together. Towards the end of the week, somehow they got on the topic of making fun of my very large lacrosse bag and, while the razzing didn't last that long, scheming did. We decided to stuff my friend Matt (over 6 feet tall by the way) into the bag, zip it up and leave it on the sidewalk. We ran and hid on the other side of the wall and did a light whistle when someone was about to walk by. When Matt could sense them, he'd begin twitching and writhing about. Some people screamed, one ran away and one even kicked him. The finale came when he unzipped the bag slightly and grabbed the passerby's ankle. Oh, where were digital cameras with video in 1998.
Doorstep Delivery. The last transfer of my mission is full of moments that make my heart happy. I loved that even when my companion and I were doing monotonous things like reading the white handbook, we had fun. I was also really lucky that she placated me a lot. Towards the end of one of our PDays, I guess I was getting ancy and slap happy and since I had just finished my laundry, I somehow got the brilliant idea of trying to stuff her into my laundry bag. As you can imagine, she obliged. It was a white canvas draw-string bag that fit perfectly over her head. However, unlike the lacrosse bag, it was not so spacious and her little toesies stuck out the end. We laughed, took photos... and then decided to share the wealth. I stuffed her in a shopping cart and delivered her to some girls in our zone who, now that I think about it I'd convinced to climb into a small shelving unit earlier in the transfer. I don't think they found it as humorous as we did, but we thought we were funny. Correction, we were funny.
Rucksack Relative. My niece Sloane is seriously the tiniest thing you've ever seen. She's so tiny that at the age of nearly three, she only weighs 21 pounds. Imagine being so tiny that you are commanded by your doctor to eat ice cream twice a day, have protein shakes for breakfast and forced to add cream to almost every beverage you consume. Oh, the life. Well, last year when I went to N.C. to visit the fam with my friend HS, she loved how dainty Sloane was. I said, "I bet we could fit her in your purse!" We tried, she fit, but she was not a happy camper.
No moral here, I guess just beware of large bags around me, especially if you're claustrophobic.
1 comment:
Ah, the mischief. :)
Post a Comment