6.11.2011

ReAdY fOr SuMmEr

This weekend I blatantly rebelled against the deluge of socializing. I had been a bit gluttonous with it lately, and decided it was time to strike a balance... before I go and do it all again. So, that being said, it's more of a binge cycle than a true balance. What can I say, my chi is off I guess.

I finally got around to cleaning my room, paying the bills and generally organizing my life before I leave on Friday. During this time I discovered a lovely gem on my library website where I can download "check-out" a book on my computer/ipod. So I listened to a book as I cleaned. After getting all the adult work out of the way I went to the gym, then enjoyed the beautiful (finally) weather and went for a walk a friend. We caught up and planned trips we would soon be taking together. I then talked two of my friends into going to REI with me so I could mull over backpacks, again, and various camping supplies during the annual sale. We dragged out enough sleeping bags to have a girls camp outing and proceeded to climb in them, zip up and wiggle around--foolproof choosing method. I decided on a sleeping bag--my first ever-- and one of my friends even caved and bought one (and the other has since regretted not buying one). Our next stop in the land of REI were the sleeping pads. Again, we laid them out, tested and selected them and then proceeded over to backpacks.

Since this was my third time in the store that week to look at backpacks, I was mulling over my options. You see, I had a predicament. I wanted a front loader backpack big enough to take on any travels around the world, but small enough to be carry-on--I don't check. I was having no luck. I finally got a very helpful sales person who first measured me and discovered I needed a size small instead of a medium (thanks a lot eye-sizing sales staff!) This little bit of information allowed him to make a brilliant suggestion... that will now give me space and save me time traveling.

New sleeping bag
new pad
new backpack

I'm SET for summer.

(written pre-Australia 2010)

No comments: