It's no secret that I want a job where I get to travel a lot (and a job with a gun, but that's a different story.) After all, I didn't almost become a flight attendant for United for nothing. I have big time wanderlust. I get really ancy thinking of being in this big box all day. What's the difference between me and that veal-in-the-making? Not much, not much at all.
But if you would have asked me where I envisioned traveling (work or pleasure) I definitely would not have said Asia. However, when I look at all the pins sticking out of my framed world map, the majority of them are... ASIA! Japan, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and China (twice). Wait, scratch that... October will make THREE times. That's right, another week spent with drunk businessmen, getting cheap foot massages and oh yeah, doing interviews for stories. While I would love to stay over and see parts of China I haven't seen before and maybe sneak over to Tibet, not on my own (plus they already bought my ticket!) I'll just enjoy what I do get to see, rack up 15,000 frequent flier miles... and now that I have that Neon Trees song* in my head, I will start brainstorming everyone's Christmas gifts for this year! Have a request, send it on over.
*yes travel, can we be more than just friends?
No comments:
Post a Comment