At one point in her career Amy had basically lived in Paris so I followed her around like a little puppy. the first place she took me was the famous Angelina's for "some of the best hot chocolate in Paris." I have to say, after tasting the liquid chocolate bar, I have to agree--amazing.
We were a bit too early for lunch so wandered casually through their confectionery store, drooling over the variety of madalines. When we were finally seated it took us a few minutes to decide what we wanted, it all looked so good! On top of splitting a hot chocolate, I chose a quiche lorraine (how could I not?) and Amy settled on a salad, which photographed better than it tasted, according to her. So note, stay away from healthy things at Angelina's.
In the end I can't be sure whether the liquid sugary goodness helped of hindered our energy levels overall, but it started out our time in Paris on a perfect note! It was so nice not to be hounded by waiters anxious for us to leave. We sipped on our chocolate, nibbled on our food and talked about life predicaments at our leisure. Then when we were sufficiently warm and stuffed, we bundled up and began our whirlwind tour of Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment