I don't think it should be called jet lag. My thoughts aren't lagging behind me, I'm forgetting them ENTIRELY. I arrived home last night after a (surprisingly) pleasant flight from Heathrow. It was one of United's new planes that had a bit more leg room options for movies/tv and even some ebook reading.After watching all available episodes of Top Gear, a few of Psych and two movies I landed in Washington D.C. at 4pm. Keep in mind that in the last 5 days I had traveled between 3 different time zones, so I was completely knackered. I tried to stay awake as long as possible and made efforts to keep myself busy. For example, since I had no groceries a friend and I went to dinner to catch up. Then I came home to unpack and ended up chatting with two of my roommates until 11pm...equaling 5am to my exhausted body.
Let's just say these two activities are still a haze in my mind. I'm pretty sure I drove away with my left overs on top of my car, I'm not really sure what I said to my roommates last night and this morning when I woke up to get ready for work I couldn't figure out where I put my glasses. I wandered around my room for 5 minutes and finally said, stuff it and went to work. I also grabbed the battery out of my camera instead of the memory card and missed a conference call because I didn't change the time on my watch. And as I started responding to my over 500 emails, I literally responded to a coworker's email asking if I approved of a new design with, "I'll be honest, I'm so tired right now I can't really fully wrap my head around what you're asking. On the surface, I'm fine with it. But give me until Monday to get back to you."
Awesome. TGIF.
3 comments:
Can I just say how great it is that you used the word "knackered" in this post? So great.
I tend to revert to the British sayings I have running through my head after a trip across the pond. :)
HAHAHAHAHA. YES. I'm right there with you. Except add a hacking cough and sniffling nose to my Friday. bleh. Get some rest crazy lady. And up load pictures. Now.
Post a Comment