I for one Louvred it. As the world's most visited museum in the world, the Louvre contains 380,000 objects and displays 35,000 works of art. With only 1.5 days in Paris and thus proportionally a few hours in the Louvre, we barely scratched the surface of all it offers. We woke-up early on Wednesday and, after an odd encounter with a film crew, made our way into the museum. First stop, Venus de Milo followed by a quick stop at the remnants of the original Louvre fortress. We then popped into the Egyptian art, then made our way to the Mona Lisa via the statue of Nike.
After perusing the Italian and Spanish renaissance art (some of my favs) we were FAMISHED. But since the museum is so large, it was actually easier for us to exit the museum and go back to the main entrance then backtrack our steps through the crowded maze. We quickly grabbed a bite to eat in the cafeteria then gave ourselves an hour to wander through the Scandinavian and Flemish painters. Alas, those few hours were definitely not enough. For starters, I somehow missed Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People and Cavona's Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss.
However, of the things I did get to see, I was most excited about:


2 comments:
Seriously jealous, when I went to Paris there was a huge public workers strike on and I didn't get to go in. Alas i am totally Jealous : ) Glad you had an amazing time.
Glad you like the pictures :)
Post a Comment