A few years ago I read a post by my sister-in-law that made me die laughing. I have carried that little treasure around with me, and I admit... disseminated the amazing tale. And guess what? All my friends have loved it too. So in honor of KJ's recent birthday AND this text my friend sent me recently, I am officially posting in the annals of my blog:
I am pretty open with my kids and some people say that I am too open with them. I feel that if they are asking the questions then I want to give them the answers. Kennedy and I have had multiple conversations about how babies are made and she started asking me more questions about it today. She asked how many seeds dad had in him and how many eggs I had in me. She asked how the "seed" finds its way to the egg and so I told her that it actually isn't a seed but a ton of little fishy like looking things called sperm that were racing to get to the egg first and whomever got to the egg first and broke through was the one who got to grow inside the egg and turn into a baby. She thought for a minute and said, "That is so cool because that means that I was the winner and everyone that is alive were winners! We were all the fastest swimmers and broke through the egg first!"
DM's text: I am looking through old notes, your niece was so wise!
1 comment:
Thanks for the confidence boost!
Post a Comment