Yes, it's been awhile. And to be honest it will still probably be awhile before I write again on a regular basis. Not that I don't have anything to say, I actually have a growing list of topics (currently 27) on my iphone of things I want to write about. The problem is, I just don't feel like writing and there's not much I can do about that! I also HATE the new Blogger format (look at the photo layout below, ridiculous), which makes my aversion to writing that much easier. So until I finally figure out how to configure my own website or learn a few tricks that will make Blogger do what I want... I'll focus most of my attentions elsewhere.
One exception: this past weekend with four of my favorite people in the entire world. Yeah, they're 9, 6, 3 and 1 1/2 years old, but I'm okay with that. They're hilarious, always up for random adventures and quick to laugh--just my type of people. And for some random reason they adore my company. In fact, as I was walking out the door to drive home last night I heard my nephew angrily ask my mom, "but grandma why does Aunt Melinda always have to leave?"
In my book it was a very quick but needed trip. No anxiety, no work stress, no figuring out next moves/job aps/life decisions. Instead, for 2.5 glorious day I just did... whatever. Some highlights of the weekend include:
- Contrary to GPS ETA of 2am, I arrived at 12:30am, and chatted for an hour with my brother Neil who was flying home to Utah a few hours later.
- Watched Chipwrecked snuggled between Rossi and Sloane. One drawing on my iphone, the other captivated by Alvin.
- Played Chutes and Ladders--Sesame Street style--after they gorged on Krispy Kreme Donuts
- Watched soccer with the Daddy-o on his fanciful 60-inch HDTV
- Witnessed Costco Southern-style on Saturday morning. Awesome. So many mullet sightings.
- FINALLY watched the Avengers. And shared popcorn with Beckham. He ate 2/3 a tub of popcorn, I couldn't believe it.
- Instigated staring contests at dinner. Clancey nearly become the Master starer, nearly.
- Introduced them to Turkish Delight, they are now big fans (they didn't want me to take it home with me.)
- Witnessed delicate little Sloane shove an entire roll in her mouth then try to order chocolate milk.
- Drove a HUGE truck--and nearly fell out of it-- on Saturday night when I borrowed my brother Derek's truck to get home after my parents left the socializing early.
- Miracle: got ONE mosquito bite while hanging outside for 4 hours.
- Listened to Sloane sing "her song" to me, well mostly to me... she was also galloping around the house belting it out. She was near me maybe 25% of the time.
- Chose to eat a hot dog over a hamburger, a rare occasion for me. #Fathersday
- Miracle2: maintained my clear driving record--the car behind me got pulled over for speeding. Sorry, dude.
1 comment:
These are the cutest pictures!!! The roll/chocolate milk situation is hilarious!
Post a Comment