"Always walk away wanting a little more", whoever came up with that slogan is full of it. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I want to experience EVERYTHING about a place, but alas that is hardly my fortune, and PR was no exception. Perhaps this is also one reason it has become our wishlist go-to spot.On Sunday before we had to leave for the airport I was adamant we spend time on the beach. Come to find out later that the reason M was dragging his feet on this request is because he has never had a good beach experience. He finds them dirty and boring. However, he knew it would make me happy (awh) and relented. The great thing about going to PR when school is in session is that NO ONE is on the beach! We had a few fellow tourists and other than that, we had the hotel beach all to ourselves. We found to chairs, had some breakfast, I applied SPF 10 while he applied SPF 75 (go figure) and we laid there enjoying the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves.
After awhile we decided to go for a swim and this is when he REALLY got excited. "Melinda, this water is amazing! I've never been in water so blue or so warm.... I hated the beach before this." Well, glad you learned to love it because as I get older I really, really need beach time as an integral part of my
We quickly showered and tried to find this Turkish restaurant a coworker had told him about. True to PR fashion, no road signs meant it was difficult to find. We finally found a police officer who knew what we were talking about and told us it'd moved. We decided to drive a few more minutes into Old San Juan and try to find something. Instead, this is where we wandered through the Castillo then happened upon one of the best restaurants I'd eaten at in a long time, and 2nd to the sushi restaurant the night before (Life lesson: you may not always get what you want, but you get some amazing things you wouldn't even think about)! It was fresh, full of flavor (and non-dairy goods) and free wifi. We relaxed, enjoyed, I even bought a sandwich for the flight home,...only to realize it wouldn't be good by the time I could eat it :(. Not wanting it to go to wast I gave it to the rental car cleaning guy before we made our way to the airport.
Goodbye amazing east coast Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment