12.30.2012

Ringing, Blinging and Clinking in the New Year

[gallery type="slideshow" ids="4849,4850,4851,4852,4854,4853,4855,4856,4857,4861,4858,4859,5610,4860,4862,4863,4864"]

I think every NYE post for me has to start out the same, "I have new years!" Regardless, each year I try to make the most of it. This year I was extremely stressed out with my upcoming trip to India and the new job that I didn't think much of it. I knew I couldn't be a party pooper so decided I would go do whatever my friends were buzzing about on Facebook.

However, mid-day, I believe, the email turned to "oh, no! the event was cancelled! Anyone have a "venue"?" I emailed and said that #MtIda was always happy to host, I could get stuff from Costco, we could charge a small surcharge and be on our merry way. And that my friends is how you put together a last minute partay.

I left work around 2pm, ran to Costco and got loads of NYE-worthy treats (my personal favs were the fancy Godiva chocolates and the single pack gums for that "midnight rendevous) , Shannon got the decor and Joseph and Marge did the goodeats and logistics. I was even more impressed when our friend Leon brought his ipad makeshift photo booth and any number of hostess products he had been hording away--can we say no better way to say goodbye to the old than by eating it?!

The night went swimmingly with people coming and going, then coming back. Making new acquaintances and spending time with the old over a game of Yaztzee, noshing and fireplace greetings, right up until the final countdown to 2013. It was an interesting sigh of relief... I got through horrible classes, I got a new job (!!!!), got back with the amazing BF and was about to hit the 2013 pavement with a jaunt half way around the world. Here's to looking up, and perhaps a straight out the gate positive 2013 NYE?

*also, I have to say, fastest clean-up time of any party i've ever been to. Kudos to the planning committee and all those who volunteered to socialize and clean up; you're a good bunch!

No comments: