2.04.2013

The Land of Cows and Cream

The week after I got back from India, I prepped to begin a slew of work travels. The first two were back-to-back and took me to Texas for the first time, Dallas to be precise. I was so excited because that meant I got to see my dearest Stephie J (and also eat bluebell ice cream). After two days of schmoozing, learning, and helping out wherever needed and getting a true taste of ASID culture, I packed up my bags and Stephanie picked me up.

She gave me the brief tour of Dallas via car then we went to this ginormous mall where we at Sonic, wandered and people watched. That night we rented a movie to watch with her family and they took me out to a true Texas style BBQ. OMG SO MUCH FOOD!  I went to church with her the next day, which is the same ward a senior couple in my mission were in, small world. Steph had to teach in Relief Society so her mom dropped me off at the airport where I quickly checked in and ecstatically looked forward to my 4 hr. layover in Charlotte where I'd get to meet my famalam for dinner. It was a quick jaunt but so worth it. I love seeing how big my nieces and nephews are getting and spending time with my everyone. Reluctant to leave but anxious to get back to M, I boarded my flight to D.C. ... where I spent time with him and packed for my flight the next day up to NYC for some media outreach meetings.

On Monday when I arrived in NYC i had time to catch-up on emails in my hotel room before i met the award judges and staff (Autumn and Randy) for dinner. It was fantastic to meet John Czarnecki from Contract magazine and Meh Mah from the Cooper-Hewitt Museum. However, i was anxious to be done so I could meet up with Rob at the ultra-feminist Rice To Riches down the street for dessert. Yummmm.

The next day was a whirlwind of meetings with Susan Szenazy, publisher of Metropolis, a writer from the New York Times, a contact at KB&B etc. After a full day, we grabbed some lunch at the Dean & Deluca below the NYT building and headed to the airport. A quick jaunt home and time to breath! I had no idea i'd be traveling so much for work, but so far I don't mind it!

[gallery type="slideshow" ids="5205,5206,5207,5209,5210,5237,5211,5212"]

No comments: