3.30.2013

The Family Easter Hunt

IMG_4359It's been a long time since I've been home for Easter, let alone what felt like a long time since I'd been home. Thus, combining my favorite holiday with some of the coolest people I know, what wasn't there to like? Sunday after church my dad and I went outside and hid load of eggs (hard boiled, plastic stuffed with candy and plastic stuffed with coins) around the yard. There was the designated "girls only" section, which basically meant laying it on the ground to see if they could find it. However, the boys definitely didn't have that luxury! I was quite proud of all the out-of-reach and random places I thought of to hide the eggs and smiled, amused, as they ran past them. One in particular was toward the top branches of a tree. I ended up having to play hot/cold with Beckham until they found it.

[caption id="attachment_5279" align="alignleft" width="150"]the Easter bunny left this on my door stop, no need for hunting! the Easter bunny left this on my door stop, no need for hunting![/caption]

Poor little Rossi wasn't feeling well, so she got an honorary basket to enjoy. Each kid was allowed to eat ONE treat before it was on to the lovely Easter feast, which as you know is a quick run with four kids.  After dinner was all cleaned up, I played games with the boys while the girls painted (see next post). I sadly had to break away to race to the airport and catch my 5pm flight home JUST in time for my traditional friends Easter dinner (ignoring the 'get ready for work' part). However, that was not until I found a secure spot for my amazing Easter basket (a lose word) a-la British version from my cute date. See, doesn't this look amazing?

No comments: