In need of a summer escape, Mukarram and I originally wanted to go to Morocco and Tunisia. A make-good from the year before when I should have gone to Greece and Turkey (it's a sore subject we don't discuss) with his brother's family, we were attempting to make it kid-friendly until I finally cried 'uncle!' saying there is no way we could tote two kids around the desert at such a rapid pace. So instead, we suggested Europe. We did our homework and decided on Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic. Everyone was all in, planning had commenced, our tickets had been purchased ... and then his brother backed out (traveling with two kids was too much, they said). A bit dejected we'd changed our plans, we embraced our #Euroscape and jumped in. It was after all on the other side of our 6/18 two year anniversary!Post-whirlwind work trips, I came home on a Sunday, worked Monday through Thursday then rushed home to pack and head to the airport for our 10pm flight. I was definitely bitter towards Mukarram because he fell asleep no problems for the majority of the flight (and bless him he's always okay with the middle seat). I on the other hand, even after taking a benadryl, couldn't fall asleep so watched movies with a short nap interspersed somewhere in between Jack and the Giant Slayer and another movie I can't even remember. When we finally arrived in Germany I was jet lagged, had a un-slept-off benadryl hangover and was doing my best to hide my sleep grumpiness while we made our way from the airport to downtown Munchen. After we checked into the Hilton Munchen City, Mukarram was nice enough to let me take a nap while he went for a walk. When he came back, it was with flowers and a snack en-tow declaring "Happy Two Years!". Thus commencing our two year annivercation (yes, I just made that up). The stories that follow will be my highlights of this fantastic trip, where I can safely say each day outdid the previous.
[gallery type="slideshow" ids="5357,5365,5362,5356,5358,5359,5360,5361,5366,5364"]
No comments:
Post a Comment