12.06.2013

The Light in the [Daylight Savings] Darkness

IMG_5775

New job. Two schools*. Relationship. No Time.

Mukarram knew I was really struggling with the onslaught of school work (finals0, work-work (no boss) and trying to balance being a sane person that eats properly and gets spends time being human. One night when we were doing one of our weekly/biweekly dinner and grocery run's to Whole Foods he said, "pick some flowers" and to  my absolute excitement they had peonies.

I went home and immediately put them in a jar and carried them up to my room. They were beautiful! They lasted for nearly three weeks and as each bud faded, instead of leaves falling off the stem, the color simply faded from a bright fuchsia to a pale pink. They were just he bright spot I needed to wake-up to each morning!

*did I mention i'm taking a class at GW on Media and Foreign Policy) and another class in GMU's School of Conflict and Resolution.

No comments: