5.15.2007

IOP babeee!

So something that makes me laugh about the southern states is that they all have bumper stickers of where they go on vacation... but they are so small its not very good advertising!! Maybe its an exclusive club?! the only one I know is OBX- outer banks... any others people?!

Well, I learned a new one this week when my family went to the Isle of Palms for a little vacation. The weather was great, i got sunburned in random places ie. the tops of my hands only, my ears and the tops of my feet! I went Jet Skiing in the ocean and saw tons of dolphins, played on the beach with my nieces and nephews, at ton more than I should have and got some needed R&R.
London at the beach Clancey and Mel @ the pool
Beckham and Mom @ pool Kennedy playing at the beach


One night we found a shell w/ what looked like a muscle in it. So I boiled it, scooped it out and it was pretty gross, but my 5 yr old niece wanted to eat it. So I dissected it, she ate it and LOVED it. the next day we found all these similar shells w/ the "muscles" in it. I was a bit suspicious as they were all the same shells! But, I boiled them so my Sis-in-Law Ali could take the shells. These creatures ended up being some kind of weird snail with a weird curly green tail when you pull them out. It basically made me want to vomit and I still cant think about it!! My niece? Cried b/c we wouldn't let her eat more! ;) I asked my nephew what his favorite part of the trip was... not seeing dophins, beach, horses ect. ect.... he said "boiling the snails". Glad I could be of service ;)

2 comments:

Dean and Carly said...

hello melskea,
first i didnt purposely take the skull and cross bones thing i just found it at home before we left and thought it might come in handy, to clip things to it..ho ho i know its funny...anyway egypt 23 august - 20 sept, the first couple of weeks is when we will be in egypt and after will be travelling around the east a bit...your welcome to come anytime, esp if you want to travel to jordan with us, not sure about israel anymore as there land borders are closed

Debbie said...

that is a great story, you are so funny:)