So, today at work this guy left a message stating he had a big "snafu", I laughed, seriously who uses that word? So, I sent it out as a "word of the day" email to a bunch of people and it provided a few rounds of entertainment linked with inside jokes and stated "oh the beauty of the English language". Ends up one girl thought the guy had invented the word- hmm.. So that along with the fact I will soon be teaching an ESL class made me think of all the funny signs I've seen translated in English-if you want to call it that?! So I post them and I invite you to do the same. share the wealth: its ok to laugh at others expense once and awhile!!! :)

Dont you throw stuff down.......

We speak ENGLISH- no cellphone!

me not go in, my want fire -grunt!

so in China, you will always feel loved, even though you are a piece of crap :)

I stole this from a friend, b/c I think its hilarious- if only there was someone running!

These are everywhere! You think its odd, but its not just a bad word translation, they are thinking our culture is like theirs, where you
DO just pee where and when you want- we have diapers, not slits in our kids pants!
(as proof look at this- we call them poo pants)
3 comments:
Of my goodness! This is too funny. Are these all pictures you have taken?
so funny, thanks for a laugh, when i was in china i remember seeing instructions for toilet paper, stating it was for use on a sweaty bum...so i have been in auckland all week working and am just home for the weekend, i will post a very yummy recipe before i head back on monday.
I just LOVE the fact that three of my pictures made the post!!! Did you read up in the Zoo one? My favorite in that picture is that it tells you to not bring a catapult to the zoo....WHO DOES THAT?! And I just love the butt pants (that's what we called them...)
Post a Comment