7.18.2007

My Soundtrack Side A

So, a friend of mine did her "life soundtrack" which... I can't really do for myself, I think I would end up with like 7 soundtracks like The O.C. :)
But here is a go, and I encourage you all to do the same... funny stories!! Side B will be a twist of this and will be coming soon.. until then enjoy and i look forward to all of yours.

Side A: Soundtrack
1. You are on my Mind- Candy Rain: 1) fav song in middle school I used to listen to it laying on the floor in my brothers room with the sub woofer, nice massage- sadly no one else knew the song, until I was 23 and my friend had it in her car- we were meant to be friends!
2. So What'cha want- Beastie Boys: fav of the favs from High School, the NY in me i guess!
3. All 4 Love- Color me Badd: My pretest song for all AP exams, and staple road trip music
4. Everything i own- Bread: Freshman year we all would belt this out at the top of our lungs- to the pain of all others on our floor...road trips, and London.
5. Shape of My Heart- Backstreet Boys: yes, remember Sophomore year when i liked that guy and those who shall not be named...Heather, Katie and Trenna...made me do a "hot and cold game" to his house to find all the Backstreet Boy c.d's? ah... yes.
6. Ramble On- Led Zeppelin: Auds, this is for you and the summer before my mission..when we watched LOTR way to many times and went to Deer Creek every other night.
7. Need you in My Life- 112: Rap roots follow you even into the mission-where when i lived in apt #112 twice I taught all "112 112 where the players dwell". That is how we would salute each other and one Pinay sister answered the phone like that once, when our mission pres was calling for me. haa!
8. Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead: love it, if i ever get a song in my head it is this one- Jess and Curt I also miss you singing it!
9. Canned Heat- Jamiroquai: Mexico road trip during the Olympics AND a certain song danced to by our one and only John Heder- sorry, but whenever i watch Napoleon Dynamite those mannerisms remind me more of Dave, Curt and Timmy not John. I miss that summer group!!
10. La Camisa Negra- Juanes: living in Spain
11. Other Side of the World- KT Tunstall: well, I had a friend, who was like my sister. We were comps and then roommates...she is one of the most talented people I know and she used to play this song for me on the guitar, and started teaching me. This song reminds me of this friendship, and i miss it dearly. xx now, i listen to the words, irony.
12. Sand in My Shoes- Dido: I think you all know i have the itchiest feet for traveling, I wish i was now!...

3 comments:

The Eatons said...

You are on my Mind!! I TOTALLY agree- thats quality recording :0) Great idea, I had so much fun. But I think Side A should be longer and I think Side B needs to drop soon. Now I miss the Ivies too. Lets visit them at the same time. Lets go.

M. said...

lol. i would agree, if i was MAKING the cd..but its pretty freakin long to read on a blog :) as for the Ivies..when and where my friend!

Heidi said...

Okay, lil miss. I am going to need a blog update ASAP. I am finally back in action and have about 17 blogs to write. I am going to Cali. Wehn can we reunite?