8.14.2007

ole! ole! ole, ole ole!


my roomies and I with our tickets; my photo skills via nose bleed section of becks passing to a UNITED player; Arianne and I driving through the ghetto on the way home, I was pullin' out my 9.

or should I chant "D.C. United!" as I had it in my head for 2 days. My roommates and I along with a few others went to the game last Thursday. I of course loving a good match was up for it before I even knew who we were playing. Alas, it was LA and the lovely Becks. While I was busy watching the game sans Beckham...my roommates had binoculars and even noticed he wore his wedding ring- while he was on the bench!!!! When he got up to stretch people went nuts, literally flashes went off all over the stadium and cheering. Uh, you realize our team is D.C. people! He finally played with 11 min to go so we witnessed his infamous U.S.A. debut. I just envisioned all these Euros shaking their head in shame, and laughed (i really did) love it :).
All in all, minus the torrential downpour, the game was a good one! United won 1-0, I stayed dry in the nosebleed section, I became BFF with a 13 yr old boy who was impressed I knew the game, Becks played...and the world continues on as it should be. Oh, and I think my roomies finally started watching the game after 1/2 time, haaa. (i need to recruit people to go with me, anyone up for it?!)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

it looks like you had a great time. that is something i would love to do.

Unknown said...

My husband was really bummed he couldn't make it to that game! I'm glad someone got to see his debut! Did you see Posh?? Ha!

Meeshy McMeesherson said...

I so wish I lived closer I would be at EVERY match!