Now, I don't want to turn this into the semblance of an old fashion slide show by some distant relative of their latest travels- you know where you smile almost in pain, don't understand how they cant realize you could care less..and want to shoot yourself! So, now that I have had time to go over all of my photos I have selected a few that I really like along with those that I think give an accurate description on what I did for 3 weeks. Also, while one might be able to hum "a picture paints a thousand word" I don't think those words are strung into sentences that I can accurately tell you of my adventures. Instead, I will just pass on a few bits of wisdom for your future knowledge:
10. It is possible to trek 8k in mountainous terrain wearing flip flops
9. using a stick while trekking actually DOES make it easier...and faster
8. Bartering is MUCH better in China than Thailand BUT Thailand has the best food -EVER-
7. The best c.d.'s-according to moi- of 2007 are: Timbaland Shock Value, Radiohead In Rainbows, Frou Frou Details (I realize this isn't new, but its new to me :)) Go ahead, try them out!
6. The economy of an entire country (Cambodia) is based on the U.S. Dollar
5. Corn tastes good in popsicles
4. An elephant feels like a giant pig
3. When doing your laundry the old fashion way- allow minimum of 24 hrs for clothing to dry
2. Strawberry Oreo's are DISGUSTING!!!
1. If you are going to say you are from a different country (you get screwed if you are American) make sure you know the politics of your "homeland"- good thing i did!
Now Photos: (just click on photos to follow link)
Enjoy and feel free to "not feel so well" and exit the slide show at anytime...I wont be offended! ;)
10. It is possible to trek 8k in mountainous terrain wearing flip flops
9. using a stick while trekking actually DOES make it easier...and faster
8. Bartering is MUCH better in China than Thailand BUT Thailand has the best food -EVER-
7. The best c.d.'s-according to moi- of 2007 are: Timbaland Shock Value, Radiohead In Rainbows, Frou Frou Details (I realize this isn't new, but its new to me :)) Go ahead, try them out!
6. The economy of an entire country (Cambodia) is based on the U.S. Dollar
5. Corn tastes good in popsicles
4. An elephant feels like a giant pig
3. When doing your laundry the old fashion way- allow minimum of 24 hrs for clothing to dry
2. Strawberry Oreo's are DISGUSTING!!!
1. If you are going to say you are from a different country (you get screwed if you are American) make sure you know the politics of your "homeland"- good thing i did!
Now Photos: (just click on photos to follow link)
Enjoy and feel free to "not feel so well" and exit the slide show at anytime...I wont be offended! ;)
7 comments:
Hooray for pictures!
Yes, I adore you! Where would you get those silly ideas?!?
haa, than update your blog! :) ps. all of us need to get together it is my goal this year!!! love you!
Chris and I looked through all of your photos and they are AMAZING!! What a completely awesome trip. Good for you! And we will inform you next time we go to DC. It was kindof a last minute thing last time.
wow, after looking at your pictures I want to travel NOW! How fun, I guess we'll have to have our foreign film nights to tide us over until our next big adventures.
Rock on with number 10. Also... I wonder if Cambodia knows what's coming for them... eep.
Geez, my little world traveler. I must say I am a wee bit envious of how much of the world you've covered. By the way, the FHE board was for my brother, so I don't have any additional children I am stuffing in closets or anything (: We need to talk sometime, are you going to the reunion in April?
Post a Comment