I think if you've talked to me in the last oh... 6 months you'd know I've mentally checked out of my job. I have NO desire to do it, and I don't like that I am becoming that type of person. Better for me to move on, and for them to find someone that can put their heart "into it".
So... last weekend my boss talked to me about moving positions. Which, to be honest I just wanted to get out of this place so I thought "eh" but be open minded right? Anyway, they asked me to take this test and to see how I would do. The job sounded pretty cool, but I was stressed because 1) I had not written a paper since I graduated 2) let alone know all the rules. So, I took the test and Tues I was called into my bosses office and they said I did an amazing job!!!! So, um...
So... last weekend my boss talked to me about moving positions. Which, to be honest I just wanted to get out of this place so I thought "eh" but be open minded right? Anyway, they asked me to take this test and to see how I would do. The job sounded pretty cool, but I was stressed because 1) I had not written a paper since I graduated 2) let alone know all the rules. So, I took the test and Tues I was called into my bosses office and they said I did an amazing job!!!! So, um...
I'M NOW THE EDITOR OF A MAGAZINE!!!!!
Seriously, you never know what life is going to bring you. It is an exciting change for me. I still am applying to the NCIS (which is the job I was referring to a few posts back) and looking at LSE, Stanford, Georgetown, NYU etc. for school b/c I REALLY want to go back to school! However, this requires a-lot-o money and a more firm decision on my part. *if you went to these schools I would love to get your input!* So, until then...
a few reasons I took the job:
1) Its artistic
(I work on the cover, spread- i even get to take photos- just a good mix of logic and art)
2) I get to travel - yeah!!!
3) It is free schooling into this type of industry - see if I want to make it my career.
A travel magazine in a few years??? Heaven! :)
4) um, I get my own huge office
5) ITS CHANGE!!!
6) "feels good, makes sense"
I officially switch departments on Feb 5th eek! I can't tell whether I'm excited or scared out of my mind- well, no, I KNOW i'm scared out of my mind!!!! Oh, and just as a disclaimer don't expect my blog to be all proper now. psssh.
a few reasons I took the job:
1) Its artistic
(I work on the cover, spread- i even get to take photos- just a good mix of logic and art)
2) I get to travel - yeah!!!
3) It is free schooling into this type of industry - see if I want to make it my career.
A travel magazine in a few years??? Heaven! :)
4) um, I get my own huge office
5) ITS CHANGE!!!
6) "feels good, makes sense"
I officially switch departments on Feb 5th eek! I can't tell whether I'm excited or scared out of my mind- well, no, I KNOW i'm scared out of my mind!!!! Oh, and just as a disclaimer don't expect my blog to be all proper now. psssh.
10 comments:
Hooray for a job! I'm so excited for you.
congrats girl, that is so exciting!
Congratulations, babe..Hey anything I can do to help you...
oh by the way bob would love to get into national geographic so now that your on the way to rich and famous.. Put in a good word..
loves
Wow! That is incredible! Congratulations! Let us know if you need any models for your photos. I am totally kidding, by the way.
that is radical. good job.
Magazine editor, ey? Well, I guess you've come a long way since "Hebie needs a dipper!" I'm happy that you are happy and I know how bright you are, don't get stressed. But, um, are you still planning on coming to visit me? I sure hope so because I'm planning a puppet show, a tea party, a croquet match, even salsa lessons! Okay, so that's all a lie but I am making you a nice guest bed!
Congratulations Mel! That is so exciting... what a cool job! I keep thinking about getting back to my English major roots and trying to work for a magazine, but sometimes my greed for a more lucrative job gets in the way of pursuing it. I want to hear all about it when you start!
Melinda, congratulations!! I am so excited for you -- see, we do our time in crappy jobs and eventually the good stuff comes around :) Your new job sounds so awesome and like it couldn't have come at a better time. Wonderful! I miss you -- I will definitely see you at my open house, right?? Let me know your address so I can send you an announcement!!
rock on. gotta love it how our lives are steered in better directions than we could have forced, eh?
jess, your comment seriously made me laugh out loud. I was such a nutter, where the crap did I get that pineapple from?!... and yes, it just shows i still have blonde roots :)
Post a Comment