Day 1: On Friday afternoon I bailed from work early to pick up my mission friend/old roomie (yup that's you Laura!) who came up from FL for the MLK weekend. The adventurous weekend started with a b-line to H&M and hanging out with everyone at a little cafe that night...
Day 2: Saturday Heather, Ali, Jen, Claire, and Tyler met us at the amazing Eastern Market for breakfast and to wander around the little shops. Amidst the wandering we happened upon what you see below:


Tyler searching for the perfect skull & crossbones ring- until the CTR was discovered...
A CTR ring! ha!!! Afterwards a few of us went to the Library of Congress- to which we kept having to say "no Laura, I haven't seen the new National Treasure"( and NO I still haven't so don't ruin it!!!). :) We even wandered next door to get our reading permits (it's free folks). From now on Heath shall be known as "Heathers Sanders", that is what happens when you type your application too fast I suppose. Luckily, the lady who took her job way too seriously caught it and made her go back. The Photo op was a throw back to Middle School photos- you know, your body so contorted but yet they think it will come out straight? That night we went to the famous 2 Amys for dinner- as the wait is always so long we walked to the National Cathedral to kill time. I was so cold (I had my tshirt, sweatshirt, jacket, Tyler's hat, My hood, gloves etc. etc. on and I was still dying). So, after a few min we basically just sat in our car and talked the whole time.

Heath & Mel w/ new i.d. cards!

Heath & Mel w/ new i.d. cards!
Laura & Mel in front of the Cathedral
Day 4: Monday well...consisted of lazing about and 27 Dresses. I'm really curious as to what people thought. Me: Cute...wont buy it... and no need for the lame jokes and swears they randomly threw in! The rest of the day was lazily spent about, talking... and perhaps a bit more eating. (I'm starting to realize, why does everything include eating???!)
Well, I hope your Martin Luther King Jr. weekend was as fun, productive/unproductive as mine! I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence
but also internal violence of spirit.
You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.
but also internal violence of spirit.
You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.
- Martin Luther King Jr. January 15, 1929- April 4, 1968

No comments:
Post a Comment