3.25.2008

CoMe OuT, cOmE oUt, WheRevEr YoU aRe!

For those who know me best, it comes as no surprise that I was absolutely giddy this weekend-Why? Easter is my favorite holiday! I sometimes get puzzled looks as if to say "really, are you serious?" Of course I love Christmas, it brings a sparkle to an otherwise dreary time of year (for those in the northern hemisphere), people actually take time to show they care, I get a week off to spend with my family, we make amazing treats (this also leads to gaining 10 lbs- NOT a good thing) and the Christmas Story is on for a month straight. Its just fantastic!

However, from a religious stand point Easter is just as important, the Savior died for us and was resurrected 3 days later. The lovely change in season (again for those in the N. Hemisphere) symbolizes rebirth-both Christ's and our own through the Atonement (who doesn't like the idea of things can get better?!). Not only this, but I love Easter for... the exciting change in the air, the best seasonal candy hands down- and its a holiday where people ARE nice, but since its not so expected of them (as it is at Christmas) it makes me so happy! Also, Easter has one secret weapon up its sleeve:
Miracle #1: A bunny lays the most miraculous, scrumptious egg you've ever seen! !!!
Beat that fat man falling down a chimney!
*on a side note, proof the apostasy happened was made clear to me this year. I went on a hunt for my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs (which I never found), and the Cadbury Eggs- you know the kind with the white and yolk filling. Well, after 3 stores none in site! I found
Carmel eggs
,
Snicker eggs,
Butterfinger
eggs
,
some funky new orange-filling egg
but no
Cadbury
Eggs!!!


I can just see it now: all these business peeps (did you like that :)) sitting around "well this is good, but I like THIS", so slowly, slowly, the yummy, original, perfect egg is gone.
A moment of silence please.

11 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Where have the original eggs gone? I was looking for them, too and only found the caramel ones! Maybe the recession is hitting the bunny where it hurts, too! That's all I can think of! Well, this easter as I ate my delicious candy treats, I lovingly thought of you, Melinda Skea, easter's number one fan!

Jess

Debbie said...

these are my favorite but i did not have 1 this year. so sad!

Unknown said...

I saw millions at Target. But, alas, I don't really like them

M. said...

wait, you saw REGULAR ones???? I went to our Target and found none, maybe their is a conspiracy in D.C.- Congress ate them all.

DMS said...

Sorry Love, but none in NZ so I have had an Easter without Cadbury Easter eggs or See's. Glad you found one!

The Shepro's said...

yo yo. I can't remember if I asked you or not...are you going to the reunion? Dang man, I wish I could go. If you do, please tell people I know I love them. I've never been to one, it really stinks! Cundiff said she is going, I wish I could give that girl a hug. I miss living next to her and being comps with you, that was probably one of the best times of my life. Peace Out..
PS..love the music

Unknown said...

yes, they were real. And if you want some, I will pick you up some if they are still to be found.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Mel, it's funny you should mention Dana Carvey, as soon as Kolby saw him, he just started laughing! "Could it be Satan?" Great minds think alike! I'm glad we're all going to Hell together!
Jess

modestmuse said...

I think I was the first to comment on this weeks ago, and it must've gotten lost between the comment box and the comment list! Annnyway, I don't remember what I said, but it was quite profound :)I think it was something about Easter being in my top 2 fave holidays (Thanksgiving is the other) because of what you've said, and also, how can anyone not love the abundant themes of tender flowers, bunnies and lambs!

DMS said...

Where are my new postings to keep up with you while i am gone.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I am with your mama on this one! I can't look at this post any more because it makes me hungry and I head to my pantry for the snack treats! Help a girl out on her diet! What's new!!!!