5.27.2008
Say NO to Botox!
I woke-up to a strange predicament Monday morning. My bottom lip (yes JUST my bottom) was completely swollen. I looked for spider bites, nothing. WHAT could have made my lip do that??? Especially just my bottom lip?
Luckily one of my friends is a nurse so she came to my rescue. She said I was having an allergic reaction to something possibly triggered by stress. Am I stressed? Yes I will admit that but um, I'm under a lot of stress frequently and again, seriously just my bottom lip!? Ridiculous! So, I took some Benedryl and some other cocktail of drugs found in our beach house...and my lip slowly went down (Not all the way but a to a large degree). However, I woke up again on Tuesday even after taking Benedryl...and my lip was right back to square one. grrrr.
So, I went to the doc and after asking me 5 million times if I'd eaten any shell fish (NO!) he first guessed Angioedema. But, is going with something more basic first. What you ask? Apparently, I've developed an allergy--THE SUN!! I'm not sure if i'd rather be allergic to the sun or some type of food?! I'm on meds now and if it doesnt go down then I have to go in for allergy testing. booo.
From this experience, all as I have to say is that women who purposely try to make their lips big are C-R-A-Z-Y. It is so stiff and I can barely lick my lips! But... I guess if I had to develop an allergy its great that it manifested itself in a cosmetic surgery type fashion?!
But, I'd really like to look normal again...and be able to feel my lips...:( until then, photos above for your laughing pleasure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
sEXY!! gRRR! sO i WOULD DIE IF i WAS ALLERGIC TO THE SUN. i NEED IT. i HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE ITS NOT AN ALLERGY TO THE SUN. hOPEFULLY ITS A REACTION TO LIMA BEANS OR SOMETHING AWEFUL THAT NOBODY LIKES ANYWAYS.
Work it Angelina! You look so pouty! If you are allergic to the sun, then I will build you a playground to use at night like they did for those kids who can't see the sun and I will crochet you some lip covers for the day!
Sorry, I sent my message twice. Once for each lip!
oh my goodness, i am so sorry mel!
After seeing it in person, I agree with others that it's totally hot and very Angelina! It really doesn't look as bad as it probably feels. Hope it's getting better, though.
were you just on America's Next Top Model?!
That happened to a friend of mine in DC too. It was a sun thing combined with the humididty. I guess you will just have to move out here to get sun without swelling. Are you gellin?
haaa. Wow, Angelina, never thought of that. Dont know how she does it to be honest. I can say I wouldnt mind being rich, a UN ambassador, gorgeous and with a incredibly good looking guy.
Nixter, you might be on to something, I'm scoping out So Cal in August ;)
I actually have thought the same thing when i first saw your pics....Angelina...i thought you did something to your lips in purpose ;)
By the way...the wedding was our friend´s...they came to ours and they liked it so much that wanted to get married and have one too ;)
and as you can see spanish ones are pretty cool.
You should actually get married here...especially..in San Sebastián!! I´ll help you out, i have some experience :*
The lip looks great! It's funny! Feel better soon.
Ha! That is hilarious...but I am really sorry it has been a pain for you :( You look great, if that is any consolation. Like you said, at least it's your lip and not something else.
I'll get those recipes to you soon :)
Let's get together. We are out of town this weekend but maybe next week???
Come on now...just admit it, it's a Botox job gone bad. It's okay, I have had it happen to me many times...oops, did I just say that. No seriously, I was once told growing up that I had NO lips, yea nice. I'll admit, there have been a few times that I could be rich and vain enough to avoid that stuff. At least, you can pull it off for a while.
Oops...I meant 'afford' not 'avoid'. Sorry
Post a Comment