6.01.2008

InStAnT kArMa... CaN yOu GeT mE?

I sometimes think... that if I KNEW I had several lives to live (hey, cats supposedly have nine lives) it would make my decision-making process of WHAT to do with my life a lot easier! So, if Karma/Reincarnation were true... listed below is what I'd do with my lives. Don't worry, this is in no particular order... I mean come now, i can even decide what to do, you think i'd know what order i'd want to live them in (although they do tend to go in ranking order) :)


1. Photo Journalist for National Geographic/AP
early in life I wanted to do this...but i was told being a white female would not lend itself to the
adventures I desired. (boo!) I still look at this longingly!




2. Diplomat/UN Ambassador
again, traveling around the world, helping people, diving into their cultures,
being able to love people unconditionally- fantastic!
(I am taking the FS Exam in July!!)


3. University Professor
I'm still mulling this possibility over.. I just have to choose
what I'd want to teach! hmmm....



4. Museum curator
culture, last say, rubbing elbows with a myriad of people...


5. MTV Commentator /The Onion journalist
Sarcasm, quick wit... sign me UP!!!! I do it on
a daily basis, I might as well get paid for it?!


6. Ballet Dancer
I did ballet when I was younger, i think this might just be a 1/2 life- try it for a bit.
Careers usually dont go long anyways :)


7. Musician
I love music, I have a good ear for it, I just suck at it. So, it woud be nice
to have a life where I was GOOD at it...The only question would be--
what KIND? Unique like Tori Amos? Powerful diva voice like Whitney Houston? Punk
rocker like Garbage? Amazing Violinist? Oh decisions!
Great style, and I already did have this color hair!


8. Royalty
Don't say you wouldn't want it! The power and prestige to make a difference in the world.
Get to dress up in fancy schmancy clothes, meet the coolest people alive, travel and vacation in uber cool places, and in this modern age I think its a given you'd be gorgeous...
(I think I've got the wave down...)



9. Airline Attendant
I think this one can also be condensed into a 1/2 or 1/4 life-
oh the travel benis! Oh, and i think my mission gave me the
2 finger point and smile training! haaa.


9.5 Judge
As I've already tried this route and realized I dont want to waste my one life on it... it gets a 1/2 ;)
But working for the Supreme Court... THAT would be a cool job. Surrounded my educated people,
interpreting law... using common sense (which there seems to be a paucity of these days)


Realizing I only HAVE one life... I try to look at how I can combine any of these together or
just begrudgingly cross them off the list. *sigh*
WHAT WOULD YOUR KARMA LIVES BE?

and do you now have Instant Karma in your head? haaa.

5 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Maybe if you combined them all, I think you could be a judge on American Idol - Judge, royalty, music critic, world traveler, diplomatic (unless you were Simon) and a former dancer (paula), and I'm sure MTV would be dying for an interview. Okay, that doesn't cover college professor or photo journalist but I'm sure the country would revere your opinion more than say, the presidents, and there would be lots of photos taken of you! Plus, that two-finger point would come in handy when you were showing the losers the door! Just an idea!

M. said...

haa. thanks Jess, that ALMOST works. How about you? I think somehow you need to include a super hero/fairy thing into yours :)

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Oh, I only wish I could be a fairy. I wish you were going to be a Judge on American Idol this year, cuz guess what? I'm trying out! Pray that I have the strength to have my dream crushed!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Wow I am definetly not that motivated. That sounds sleepy. Nap please! I think you should do the photo journalist thingy. If I had to pick one for me or you I'd pick that one. Or you could combine and teach photography to stupid college kids.
onion news is the best. I pee my pants watching that crap. Do you think you could keep a straight face. I couldn't.
One more suggestion. In one of your lives maybe you could try being a boy then you could do some of those jobs that weren't girl friendly...
forget it boys are dumb

Scott and Laura said...

I can see where this is a difficult decision. So, maybe you can have a career change every couple of years. The royalty one might be harder cause you tend to be more stuck there but hey, worth a shot. And Prince William is still unwed! :)