9.10.2008

I NeEd A dOcToR....



Actually, I'm not sure if this is a virtue or a vice. I've been mulling it over in my head for probably far too long, and I still have YET to find the root and answer to my quandary. What is keeping me so occupied? Again, I'm not sure if it's a virtue or a vice... BUT I CAN NOT STAY STILL!!! It's not in the "keep my hands busy" kind of way. Knitting, cleaning or cooking are not going to solve my problem (not that I would actually do the first, sorry but really, can you see me knitting?!) I self diagnose it as a case of Itchy Feet. Its the "I need new surroundings, I need change--NOW" way.

If you don't know what brought this on, one small fact: I just moved. Yes, again. I was talking to a friend right before the change, since during the scheduled time of said move I WAS scheduled to visit her for the week in San Diego while attending my cousin's wedding. (sorry Michelle... and Dave, but lets be honest Dave wouldn't notice I wasn't there :)) Anyway, I diverge. When I told Michelle I couldn't come due to well, moving she said "again?! You JUST moved!" I thought about it for a second and got a bit defensive (maybe .0009% defensive) and said "It's been a year and a half!"

But, wait... I started thinking, maybe to a NORMAL person that is a short amount of time. To me, it's the longest I've stayed ANYWHERE since I was 18. You guessed it, here is my track record:

Deseret Towers: 8 months
D.C.: 3 months
Riviera apt: 8 months
D.C.: 3 months
Courtside Condos: 4 months
Acadamy: 3 1/2 months
Ghetto fabulous house: 4 1/2 months
D.C.: 2 months
MTC: 1 month roughly
Temple Square: New apt. every 6 weeks... 3 month stint in Carlsbad, Calif.
D.C.: 1 month
Charlotte, NC: 3 months
Madrid, Spain: 4 1/2 months
House 'o T2: 4 months
Charlotte, N.C.: 4 months
Townhouse of mental anguish/good times: 8 months
Charlotte, N.C.: 1 1/2 months
Aimless world traveller: 2 months
Charlotte, N.C.: 4 months
House #1 in D.C.: 4 months
House #2 in D.C.: 1 yr 4 months (see???)
CURRENT
*all time may not add up to 12 months, time taken out for travelling fun

So, really I don't know what's wrong with me??! Perplexed, I think... Is this normal? Do I need to fix this? Why am I like this? Or, is this something GOOD and I'm supposed to embrace it?! If so... HOW exactly??!!! uggg. So, as you may guess this itchy feet while slightly satiated by the move and all the travelling I have done/soon-plan-to-do is rearing its ugly/beautiful head in other aspects of my life, still.

Doctor? Clinical psychologist? Friend?

12 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Don't worry so much about it. Some day you will hit a point in your life when picking up and going is a huge undertaking, especially with your husband, your three kids, a family dog and a ton of crap in tow, but If I were still single, I would move around a lot. And travel a lot. It's the normal thing to do. Oh, and about the relapse, how could you do that to yourself? Now that is something to be worried about Melf! My life has just barely felt like it's going back to normal and I have not cracked the black book since finishing it! Get out while you still can!!!

modestmuse said...

I am the opposite when it comes to moving. I stay in the same place as long as I can. I stayed in the same room, in the same house, the whole time I was at BYUH. Even when I had the option of switching to a "better" room between roomies' leases. I just hate moving. I'm thinking we should switch places with my upcoming move-every-two-years decision! What was I thinking?! That said, you know what the solution *might* be :) Nov. 1-8, fyi.

Anonymous said...

Hi! By the way, I didnt' know your middle name was Chloe! That is cute. I can't believe I didn't know that. Maybe you just made it up and gave yourself a new middle name. I'm thinking of doing that for myself. Maybe you can help me. What goes good with Molly? You should know. My first name is Irish and you're like part British/Irish sortof. What goes with it?
And, I think its great that you are spontaneous. :) I would be too, if I was you. By the way, you know Deya is pregnant right??? She's moving our to Virginia Beach in 2 1/2 weeks b/c John got a job there. That is like your neck of the woods!!!! Well, for the moment at least. I'm thinking that when she's out there you guys need to hook up b/c I think she's going to be lonely and about to have a baby. You might be in touch with her for all I know. I think this is more of an email than a comment to your blog entry. Ah well. LOVES~ You crazy girl, you! --- Molly "some new fun name" Anthony

Scott and Laura said...

I think the moving is good for you. healthy I would say. Either that or we are both mental. :)

M. said...

Jess- 3 kids?... is there something you are not telling me?! :) As for the relapse, yeah, it's like watching a train wreck to be honest...

Megan- DEF. I will sign up for it, thanks for the motivation, i'm sad i'm missing a study buddy. MAN I WANT TO GET IN!!! It would be easy to switch, i mean we look sooo much alike. haaaa.

Molly- thinking, will get back to you soon. Can you get me Deya's info?

Catherine said...

may i just say that i'm proud to be a part of that 3 month stint in carlsbad?

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I am NOT pregnant. I was just picturing YOUR future. I can easily see you with three! And a basset hound named Hebie. Wearing a purple button-up shirt and khaki pants in front of your modern cottage, which you love and really couldn't ever leave because of how hard you worked to put the flowers in and paint your bedroom with that just-perfect gull-grey color. I'm closing my eyes really hard and I can just see it!

Kim said...

dont write off knitting....can you see me do it?! I can, maybe i should start it up again :)

Charlotte Rose said...

ha, if i actually owned the Vam books I probably would read them again, but I borrowed them. Peru you say???

Anonymous said...

Followed a link through charlottes blog to here and would like to visit again? Do you love books?

RuSty and LaLa said...

I say you need to get a job that lets you travel. Then having something permanent to come back to will be refreshing. I'm thinking back to that job list you made a while back. Photographer for National Geographic should keep your itchy feet...tinactin

Meeshy McMeesherson said...

OH Mel! I didn't know that that slip of the tongue caused such contemplation! I still can't believe that I've been home for almost a year. Time really flies. and I'm horrible at keeping track of all of it. But I still miss you terribly and i hope we get the chance to chat because I miss your guts! Loves always and forever BFF!