11.10.2008

8 iS gReAt!

No, this this is not a post about Proposition 8, thank you very much. Instead I finally acquiesce to these tag(s)... and I suppose it will at least tell you what is going on in my life at the moment?!


8 Things I did Yesterday
1. Taught Sunday School
2. Went for a Walk
3. Dressed like my 3-yr old niece
( I didn't feel like changing for a walk, so I wore my polkadotted wellies, striped knee socks and purple zip-up Adidas jacket over my dress :))
4. Played Yahtzee
5. Watched the Amazing Race
(sorry Catherine & Chantal...)
6. Wore contacts
7. Talked to the fam
8. Read


8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
1. Decorating for Christmas
2. Twilight in theaters (next Fri. well... Thurs.)
3. Quantum of Solace in theaters (this Friday)
4. Thanksgiving Break
5. New Years in Europe!
6.New Years in Europe! Oh, and the Nutcracker
7. Figuring out how to hang my bookshelves
8.
dying my hair


8 Favorite TV Shows
1. The Amazing Race
2.
Arrested Development
3. House
4.
The Office
5. Ugly Betty
6.
NCIS
7. Numb3rs
8.
Ninja Warrior


8 Favorite Restaurants
1. The Carlyle
2. Mai Thai
3. The Cheesecake Factory
4. Kabob Palace
5. Cafe Rio
6. In-n-Out
7. Bombay House
8. Clyde's


NOW: ('m combining) Find the book closest to you with at least 123 pages
turn to page 123 find the 5th sentence and post the next 3 sentences.

From 3 Cups of Tea: "I was feeling out on a limb in Korphe, operating all by myself," Mortenson says. "And I wanted these people to feel like it wasn't just me, that there were a bunch of other Americans back home concerned about helping them." "He slipped me a big roll of rupees," McCown says, "and asked me to act like a big boss from America."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ninja Warrior!!!! Oh, and Kabob Palace-anytime. Your quite low maintenance in the food department aren't you?!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Mmmm. Cafe Rio....

Dean and Carly said...

how come you get to go to Europe for New Years? Lucky

mangrumminute said...

I never knew your middle name was Chloe.

Charlotte Rose said...

New Years in Europe, cooool. where though?

Unknown said...

"You talk like a stroke victim. Your mind is circling a couple of ides, and you try to use whatever discipline you have: I can take this next step! I can take this next step!" From "The Devil's Highway A True Story" by Luis Alberto Urrea.
It's an interesting read about illegal immigration. I like your eights! Your niece is really really cute! New Years in Europe? Can I live vicariously through you? I am soooo jealous!

M. said...

oooh, Serena i will have to read that!!I want to read a Christmas Carol in Dec... so after that!! I started a book club at my work (because I'm a nerd) so I'll put it on the list!

Miss Amy said...

Interesting how the #8 has taken on a life of it's own. It needs no introduction. It's almost like Cher, Madonna, Britney etc. People lately hear the #8 by itself, and go a little bonkers... If you're discussing something other than Prop 8, you have to preface any statement with the #8 with "No, I don't meant Prop 8, when I reference the number". I am OFFICIALLY prop'd out.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Yay, you did my tag! When we go see Twilight next week, lets close our eyes (before it starts, of course) and pretend like we are there together! Oh, and if that's dressing like a kid, then I think I'm guilty of it most days! Go ahead and decorate for Christmas, I started today and I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can!

Unknown said...

Please come up! For some reason I don't have your email. mine is serena.cherry@gmail.com. I will tell you all the details. I think we are planning on a later movie, at 10. Is that too late? Let me know!

Chet said...

"polkadotted wellies, striped knee socks and purple zip-up Adidas jacket over my dress"!!!! And you used to make fun of the way I dressed. :)
Chet-A-Ham

PS Yes my dear, I do stop in at your bloggy on occasion to see what you're up to.

Anonymous said...

great to catch up on your life! maybe we can actually talk on the phone one of these nights!

Jenny said...

I'm obsessed with the book Three Cups of Tea, I'm glad you're reading it.