I, just like all of you, spend a lot of my time by myself. I have my commute in the morning (and night), most of the day at work, my time at the gym... often while eating, cleaning, running errands, laying in bed waiting to fall asleep, sitting on an airplane.... the list goes on.Sure, I'm interacting with people- it's my life blood! But, each of us is in our own little world musing, talking, thinking, maybe humming, telling yourself jokes? Well, this week I began to focus on the things I actually ask myself, and here are a random sampling of ones that I know through the months/years are often repeated. Does anyone else think about this stuff, or how do you spend your quality 1:1 time?
1) I look like a retard with short hair, how will I do my hair when it's all white and grandma-ish?
2) Will I think my kids are cute... even if everyone else is like: "wolf!"
3) I wonder when and what the next fashion recycle will be (ex. in the 80s for the last few years?!)
4) Why did God create mosquitoes? I mean flies as disgusting as they are, I understand... but mosquitoes????
5) How long will The Simpsons be around for? And what TV show will be able to replace it?
6) I wonder if flying cars will ever really be viable (like in the 5th Element)?
7) Why are people so paranoid to go to the gym. It's FOR people to feel/be better, right?!
8) If I had to be homeless, where would I want to live?
9) Why didn't hunters/farmers from crappy climates just migrate?
There are a few.... hey, if you know the answer tell away!
7 comments:
No answers, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with these things running through my mind!!!
I often think about how I will wear my hear when I am an old lady. Also, did you know that the first flying car took flight about 2 weeks ago. Whether or not it's viable...that's left to be seen.
I think about #'s 6,8 and 9 quite a bit. I think you should keep your hair long and white, i think it can look really pretty in older women...or you could always pull it in a bun if it is stringy ha! You will think your kids are cute. No question. However, you might realize there are some "awkward" patches. Other than that, I would definitely be homeless in the Caribbean. Why not? Eat fruit all day and lie in a hammock with the ocean to look at? I've thought that several times. Maybe it is a secret fantasy. I hate January!!!
#4 is easy. God created mosquito's so that Michael Crighton could bring us the Juraissic Park trilogy. The entire premise of his story is built on the tiny bloodsucking, mosquito. Mosquitos have brought us the fantastic notion of a theme park full of dinosaurs that eat people. I shudder to think of how dreary my existence would be without that comforting thought.
This was such a noteworthy thought that it was brought to the masses in a full-length hollywood movie not once, not twice, but thrice! According to the following wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park_(franchise) a fourth installment is in the works. Hopefully it succeeds.
I have no comment on the other items in Melinda's list.
I wish I had more time to sit and think about such things. Usually my mind is consumed with thoughts like "What is that smell? Is it coming from the dirty kitchen? Is it coming from Winnie's bum?" And "What will I do if I find poop smeared all over the bedroom wall?" So, yeah, pretty much I have stink and poop on the brain all day! Homelessness isn't looking too bad right now!
Oh, Serena island life would be good! I've put more restrictions on myself saying Continental U.S. like... If i lost my job in Michigan, where would I go? I've decided on Florida, well or maybe San Diego.
Munck, nice to hear from you... and awesome comment :)
Jess... you have good reason to be paranoid about smeared poo. that is by far still my favorite blog post, ever.
Ok I only have one answer
Mosquitos, like roaches adam and eve's fault. THey ate that dang fruit and now we have to till the earth, and deal with rodents...atleast there Not Rodents of Unusuall Size
Post a Comment