1.29.2009

aLL In ThE dEtAiLs


Today has been a very, very funny day at work. Maybe it's just humorous to me because I'm in editing...but so are some of these people, so I kind of feel that I CAN hold it against them. a PR firm sent three press releases in the span of a few minutes. 1) sent 2) retracting "please don't read!!!" 3) sent again sans spelling errors. The second, someone was trying to pitch themselves as the new "public relations consulted." Wha?...

However, This image above is the piece de resistance. This printing guy kept calling my boss (Andy) asking for business. Basically the last phone convo went like this:

Mr. O: I would like to talk to you about our printing services.
Jefe: We're not interested, we are very happy with our printer, thank you.
Mr. O: Can I send you something to look over at least? We are a great company, we have competitive prices, pay great attention to detail....(blah, blah, blah)
Jefe: Fine... if it's electronic.
Mr. O: Weeeell, I don't have anything electronic, how about I send it in the mail?
Jefe: I already said I was happy with our printer, but if you would like to send something, sure go ahead.

So today we get a packet with the letter above. Yes, yes... GREAT attention to detail Mr. O. We are SOLD!

4 comments:

bmz said...

awesome. i almost feel like emailing him to tell him how awesome that is.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm still laughing. Poor sucker. But no doubt provided entertainment for your office! lol.

Anonymous said...

My Question is...who is Eileen? And hopefully she didn't go with this company!

M. said...

ha! NO idea. I'm the only girl in our department, and my name is DEF. not Eileen. Let's hope wherever dear Eileen is, she didn't! ha ha!