4.12.2009

HoLy 5 YeArS, bAtMaN!

Warning: This is a definite shout-out/name drop. This goes out to the two people I consider my MTC comps, "V" and "Cammock". It's crazy to think that 7 1/2 years ago my brother dropped me off at the MTC (last time slot possible) and I wander into my room to find one Kiwi chowing down on a family-size bag of M&Ms and an overly chipper Romanian (and my real comp... but we don't mention her.) Even crazier is the fact that 5 years ago last week was the day they snuck into a car in order to say goodbye to me at the airport.

We went through what for me was a hellish MTC experience, our first transfer of training and somehow no matter where we ended up our entire missions, we always kept tabs on each other. I was "forced" to tote around a beanie baby penguin--which I dubbed Maria (nun shout out there) Olivia Crouch--given to me by V and a few poems by Cammock. We worked out with each other most mornings and when my determination waned... Cammock would come drag me out of bed. That's what friends are for right?! :) *note, I could use that now! * I count myself incredibly lucky that years down the road and despite distance or time laps we're still close. It's been a long time coming for one (Cammock) but for both... I just want to say congrats on your wee ones!! We've come a long ways in 5 years. Well, we are all adults but you are the "grown-ups"... I just have a quasi career and rack up the passport stamps ;)

3 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

Great Photo

Dave said...

way to rub it in travel junkie. Where's your next adventure?

RuSty and LaLa said...

Uh, I didn't know you had a hellish MTC experience. As did I. I consider my roomates were my real friends and my companion was just there to make me miserable. I feel so close to you now...tear