It can't be both... can it? When my family moved to New York the summer before my 7th grade year it was the first time my family didn't move all together. When we went north from Virginia, my oldest brother Derek went south for college. This left my brother Neil and I toughing New York out on our own. As we both settled in and made names for ourselves we still kind of stuck together. Yet there were those moments when people wouldn't know we were related but would guess because we "looked exactly alike" (well minus that guy who thought we were dating, but he was crazy...I hope that says enough!) So the fact that we look alike isn't a big deal, right? We came from the same gene pool so it makes sense. Yet how can I later hear I'm the girl version of my brother Derek when, hands down, my brothers look nothing alike?
My brother Derek looks like my dad's side of the family. The deep set, almond shaped eyes, oval face, straight nose and pale British skin. My brother Neil on the other hand is the reincarnation of my mom's dad. If someone saw a photo of my grandpa at my brothers age they would think it was Neil. He has olive skin, wider half-moon eyes, a square shaped face and a perfectly placed dimple. As I said, really not much resemblance. Yet, when people see Neil and I together they say I look exactly like him. But when people see Derek and I together we look exactly alike. The first summer I worked for Derek (where Neil was already working) was a bit entertaining. People in the office would debate whether I looked more like Derek... or Neil. So, here are the photos, which is it?








8 comments:
Neil??
I think you are beautiful!
See... this is b/c you have the top half of one of your bro's face and then the bottom half of the other... that's why people say you look exactly like both. (i'm an expert) he he
I say Derek's eyes... Neil's face (minus the big dimple. But you do have a small one!!)
I vote for Neil. Your brother Neil - not Neil Diamond.
okay, you are white... but holy crap you can get tan!
I think derek but it is hard to say!! I agree, you are beautiful!
I'm curious, which half is which Molly?
I don't think you look like either one based on these pictures. I do like the neck jewelry.
Post a Comment