6.04.2009

OnE sHoRt

Brainstorming definitely has its benefits. On my birthday I decided to follow in the steps of a friend and create a list of 28 things I'd like to do before my next birthday. I like this idea because it reminds me to make the most of every year (although at 60+ I can see it becoming a problem.) So I've brainstormed and even accomplished a few of them... but I'm one short. oops.

I realize that part of personal goals are that they are, well things that you decide and commit to... yourself. However, I've racked my brain and I just can't think of anything I want to learn, do or see this year *that is worth putting down on paper.* I'm sure if I thought about it long enough or remembered to write down the random things that enter my thoughts at the most inopportune time (i.e. running, walking somewhere, shopping) I would easily have more than one. But, I don't remember them. So, to break my procrastination cycle I turn to you, my friends. Brainstorm with me a little, what should fill the number 28 spot on my list?

28 in 2009
1. Travel out of the U.S. 2x
a. UK/Sweden b: Costa Rica (Sept)
2. Go to the symphony
3. Visit 3 different temples
a. Stockholm b. Mesa c. ______

4. Hike Old Rag
5. visit Fallingwater
6. Visit the Newseum
7. Go to the National Observatory
8. Go horseback riding
9. Go to a movie by myself
10. Publish and article
(in a different magazine, obviously!)
11. Enroll in a class
12. Take the FSO Exam
13. Go to a baseball game
14. Learn to climb
15. Run 3 races
16. Learn "Blackbird" on the guitar
17. Start food storage
18. Read a book in Spanish
19. Read a biography
20. Make homemade Christmas gifts
21. Make travel book via blurb
22. Bike Mount Vernon Trail
23. *secret*
24. Fill out paper work for dual citizenship (long, long overdue!)
25. Learn how to make homemade pie crust, sausage rolls, creme brulee
26. Plant spice garden
27. Make a habit of complimenting freely and daily
28. __________________

13 comments:

Miss Amy said...

1. visit the grand canyon
2. hike the narrows
3. volunteer at the bishops storehouse or at the LDS employment services center (use your writing skills to help people re-write resumes!) atleast once a month.
4. going along with #19, start your own biography. start a personal history record of your life for your posterity.

a few you'll accomplish while you're out here to visit, a few options that may take a little more work!! just some ideas!! i love the idea in general. i need to come up with my own! :)

layjent said...

Do the temple work for one of your ancestors :)

Anonymous said...

learn a new language

MP said...

Break some hearts

Helen said...

come visit me!!!!!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Wow such great suggestions from all. I personally think you should break a few hearts. Thats fun.

No really, You should come visit me in Hawaii...Lets see something important you could do that would be worthy of the list...

Pearl Harbor?

Swim with sharks

Hike to three super fun waterfalls.

or if not another thing Rusty and I finally did was get a 72 hr kit.

Erin said...

I want to know what #23 is! Now you have me so curious! I love the spice garden goal, fun!

Mish said...

I hope one of those races is the Baltimore one with me!

Dave said...

How about a poetry reading, even better, organize a poetry reading at your house, after all we did discuss you have the perfect house for parties.

annie said...

i will happily help you out with numbers 4, 14, and 15! and for #28, how bout "visit the workhouse arts center, formerly the lorton prison" (see, artsy AND historical!) :P

meddy said...

number 4 is on my list of things to do this year too! so if you want to accomplish it together, let me know.

ANJ said...

i have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar just to play "blackbird"!

i'm so glad i'll be living with you to join you on these adventures :)

Stephanie said...

i was going to volunteer to help with #9, as it's something i do often, but then i realized that defeats the purpose...