7.01.2009

i.S.o. BrOtHeRlY LoViN'



1- Liberty Bell 2- Liberty Hall 3- Eating famous Philly Cheese Steak 4- Adriann!! (Rocky stairs--please note woman in background)

Give me liberty or give me death!
Okay, so wrong state but same time period.

My friends and I went to Philadelphia this past weekend
and as the"city of brotherly love", we were apparently missing the boat...
or train...or horse carriage.

The two (but really four) hour trip was fraught with peril.
Loss of NAV, a near run-in with a semi when our car wouldn't accelerate
and an overly attitude givin' waitress started the trip out nicely.

Throughout the weekend there were a few phrases spoken with regularity:
"That waitress was such a beast!"
"man, it really smells here!"
but the rays of sunshine- both literally and figuratively-did come down..
"Have I mentioned yet, this weather is AMAZING!"

We were able to witness a music festival full of MJ tributes,
brothas gettin' their groove on (to MJ),
A tour guide full of corny jokes [insert Popeye laugh],
Some amazing pieces of history,
and seriously the best weather (did I mention it was amazing)
and people watching of all time.

Next time I go I WILL get a photo in front of West Philly High
(iiiiin West Philidephia born and raised)
AND go to a few more museums.
That's the beauty of the east coast, everything is so close.

Philly: Only a 2 (more like 4) hour drive away!

*warning, objects on map are farther away than they appear*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did it take so long?!

M. said...

1) Lost
2) car issues
3) I95 traffic

the way back was worse, but we had MJ and a dance off so it worked out ;)