Within the first five minutes of work this morning, several co-workers would pass by my office, see me sitting at my desk and comment, "Well aren't you all fancy for a Friday!" Exacerbated, I would reply, "No, I'm wearing jeans!!"You see, Friday is the blessed day when the office gets to wear jeans, be a little bit more comfortable, or as they try to name it, sport the "casual Friday" look. For example, my boss, who normally wears a suit (no tie) is currently in jeans, a button up shirt and a hoodie. My other coworker is in vans, jeans and a polo. Me? I'm in some charcoal jeans, flats, and a jacket I got at last Sunday's a clothing exchange, accented with a $2 necklace.
Now, in college I used to wear the jeans and jacket combo fairly often. I like it. It's clean-cut and comfortable (It also allows me to wear a jacket I really like, but don't have the skirt or trousers to go with it.) So, when I got a new jacket for free... why not?
But apparently in the office my outfit signifies that I am getting ready for an interview later today--just slip off the jeans and go! I of course have no interview today... I am just wearing what I'm now dubbing as mullet clothing. Business on top and party on the bottom.
5 comments:
Where's the picture? I'd like to see the party/business look.
after nov 30th, i am excited/horrified that i'll actually have to plan work outfits. every single day............ you'll have to teach me the mullet look for my own casual fridays!!
I am a computer imbecile, but as you can see I have managed to log in to your blog finally, pretty straight forward really....personally I am hanging out till the 1st of Dec. to start on my christmas to do's but I'm getting pretty excited.
I love it! That is really funny that everyone is suspicious because you aren't wearing grubby clothes. ha! I, too, am interested in seeing this ensemble!
I am so sad I missed that clothing exchange...
Post a Comment