There are themes to movies, themes to life, and if you look, themes to days. A group of us had tickets to the midnight opening of New Moon (and don't pretend you don't know what it is.) The recent time change had made the evening seem darker and bit more eerie than usual. Since we were going to see a movie about vampires, we said, "how fitting!"
A few of us decided to beat the parking lot debacle by grabbing some dinner in the area and then heading to the theater to hang out. As we walked out of the house, my roommate and I noticed that the constant drizzle of the day had created an almost Forks-like mist in the area. Again we said, "how fitting!"
On our way to the restaurant we saw a man walking an unusually large animal. Because it was misty and dark, at first we couldn't tell what type of dog it was. However, upon closer inspection I recognized the dog and yelled out, "it's an Irish Wolfhound!" To which my roommate responded, "how fitting!"
When we arrived at the restaurant and met up with our friend, we noticed that she seemed completely washed out. She had deep circles under her eyes and was a bit pale. She explained that it had been a busy week at her law office, resulting in a total of four hours sleep for the entire week. When someone had commented on the night-of-the-living dead appearance she was sporting, we laughed and responded, "how fitting!"
To kill more time at the restaurant, we played MASH while consuming our buffalo burgers. I had asked for medium-well, but when I bit into my burger the bottom was soaked in blood. I was more than a bit disgusted, but with a plate full of animal blood we laughed and said, "how fitting!"
We had a great time with all of our friends that night. We were allowed in the theater once we arrived, where we promptly scoped out enough seats for all of us. We quickly settled in and began chatting and and enjoying the two (I know, i know!) hours before the movie started. I loved people watching; I would say there were just as many guys in the theater as girls and overall it ended up being a loyal but subdued crowd. {sigh} I wanted to laugh at the girlish squealing. Since my camera is currently broken, I asked people to send me their photos. When I received the few from my roommate I looked at the red eyes in this photo, laughed, and wrote back "how fitting!"
3 comments:
Thanks for the laughs and good times. Thanks for covering the names from our Mash game. It could be quite incriminating. LOL :) Well done.
Yeah! Thanks for opening up your blog, I was a bit sad I didn't make the cut ;)
Hey Mel,
We had fun going out to see New Moon too: ) We actually laughed our way through it was great.
So I was wondering when you type your name into google is it your blog that comes up or when other people refer to you in their blogs???
Another thing you can do for security is put word verification on??? Apart from adjusting the settings thats pretty much all I know what to do - but the settings should at least be giving you more privacy on a public blog???Stay Public: )
Post a Comment