1.18.2010

DeGaS...iN pInK?

Degas needs to explain himself. After a summer of organizing, furniture shopping/constructing and wood staining, it was time to complete my room transformation by adding a splash of color. I went through swatches and swatches of paint to try and find the perfect color for an accent wall--after putting up my bookshelf/desk, there was no way I was moving it, especially without Naomi! In the end I chose a color I thought was not too bold, not too dark and not too bright. Oh, and it just so happened (wink, wink) to be named after one of my favorite painters, Edgar Degas. However, following after Degas led to me... ME!!!... having a PINK room. I was horrified. Upon first glance I felt like I had walked into an atrocious Victoria's Secret store. Well, I exaggerate, it's only an accent wall and it's not that pink. But still, it's me, and it's pink. It didn't help my complex that the first person to see the completed room was a guy (you can guess his reaction).

I should have known when it had the word "pink" in it, that it wouldn't be the subtle, French rose color I had envisioned. However, now I'm just too lazy to take everything out and paint again-blah! I keep telling myself that it's not that bad, right? Plus, it's the only time in my life when I will ever (or have ever wanted) a rose colored room. In my youth it was greens and blues only. Now, I'm almost 30 and I go all girly, go figure!

So, without further ado, here is My Room 2.0--Sans college furniture, sans makeshift table, sans fabric pinned over the window. Replacing these objects, you will find a Crate and Barrel leaning bookshelf and matching night stands (full of books and travel souvenirs), an Ikea dresser (it's really a bookshelf, but I improvised), fleur-de-lis curtains de ma mère and three large photos by... moi! Tres chic, no?


okay, well.. now real photos!









* two things to note. 1) the books next to my Swedish wooden horse--put there under duress by Naomi.
2) The chocolate canister is full of scripture marking pens...I'm not a bed piggy!

7 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

Such a grown up room - nice job - I like Pink and its only a feature wall so no problems.

Miss Amy said...

it's perfect. i have been thinking about a similar color to my room....who knows!! love it!

M. said...

If it's an accent wall amy, I don't even mind helping you when I come out in a few weeks. Your walls would be perfect for that photo project i want to do... and it IS valentine's day weekend after all :) Your BF won't mind helping, right?!

modestmuse said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously, seriously love it! Your curtains are gorgeous too, and everything is so neat and organized! I love all the souvenirs! But the pink is the piece de resistance -- I am tempted to see if I can get that color here and paint at least one wall of the nursery the same color! :) Girly but hip!! (The Twilight series is another story -- you may need an intervention there ;)

M. said...

NO!!!!!!! Even seeing that the Twilight series has it's own shelf makes me cringe, but my friend Naomi helped me build the shelf and pile all my crap on it, and she said it highlighted my Swedish horse (my $$$ horse!) the most. So, I acquiesced. You'll need to show photos of the nursery! So excited for your bambina to arrive. Will you make her a duel citizen. Argentina? Tres chic!

Molly said...

That color pink is awesome! I love it ;)

DMS said...

so nice to see what the curtains and pink look like...i think you should just enjoy the energy it brings into your life!