2.17.2010

ThE pArAdOx Of PuRcHaSe

Basically, I love your cheapness. Clothing, I'm referring to clothing. In general, I hate shopping (ask my mom, it's painful) but when there are bargains to be found, I'm like a specially trained pig looking for a truffle. Hmm, I don't like that analogy...but whatever, you get the idea. Me=sucker for a good bargain. I think it comes from the days in high school when my friend Amy and I would frequent the Salvation Army in any town to find scrubs, tshirts and whatever else we dubbed untrendy-trendy. This bargain-hunting helped me to relish a good find. And by good find I mean good quality for a "holy crap, I can't believe I found this" price.

Before Christmas I knew that I would be going to Arizona in February, which meant that I would also be going to Last Chance: the relative twice-removed of Nordstrom. As such, I didn't really buy anything for myself during Christmas in eager anticipation of the glorious bargains to come (I satiated the shopping bug by personal shopping for my sister-in-law).

Last Chance has since come and gone, and I love every single thing I got (listed below)...even the things I had to stoically leave behind (It was a mix of being practical money and luggage-space wise). I looked at my receipt and my heart swelled with pride. Documented, I saw what great bargains I was getting. And with that, I realized that my love of clothing is in direct correlation with how great a deal I am getting. The bigger the bargain, the bigger the love. Now, I finally understand why people destination vacation. Sign me up to go to Phoenix and shop anytime!

2 comments:

modestmuse said...

YAAYYY!!! Good deals! I have also been noticing all of the Goodwills and other thrift stores in Mesa. Seriously, there are lots. I may just have to go in one or two ...

M. said...

oooh... I would totally hit those up with you. I LOVE west coast Salvos.