I'm not sure if it's just an American thing, but every state, every capital, every city seems to have a slogan/nickname of some kind. Growing up in the Empire State, my town's slogan was: Webster, where life's worth living. Ironic, since (I say callously as my way of dealing with it) all the people I know who have committed suicide are from that area.On to happier things... At the tender age of 18 I moved from the place Where Life is Worth Living to Happy Valley (Provo, Utah) with a brief stint in The Crossroads of the West (Salt Lake City), then eventually on to the Queen City (Charlotte, N.C.). However, the queen proved too stern for my liking and I soon fled north, near the chaotic land of Taxation without Representation (Washington D.C.), to a land full of lovers (Virginia). Well, the official slogan is: Virginia is for lovers, but I like saying lovas like I'm in some old fashioned movie, it's much more fun. Say it... lova. See, it's fantastic.
Last week a friend decided to spread this omnipresent love by throwing a party in its personified favor. Each participant was to bring something they loved in order to share with others. Unfortunately, I arrived a bit too late to enjoy the show and tell, but I got there in time to win a copy of someone's beLOVED mix c.d. and ooooh did I love talking to people to guess what form their lovas took.
Angela and Chantal LOVE movies
(we had just gone to Alice in Wonderland)
Adriel and I discovered we both have a LOVE
for chapstick (I have one in every purse and
at least 5 scattered in my bedroom.)
these girls share a LOVE of singing
I guessed that Becca LOVES human touch
and Jen... LOVES Becca
that John LOVES drinking by himself in the corner
And here's Brittany and I sharing our LOVE
of all things British. (I think this is taken
mid "I'm almost done with my passport papers!")
of all things British. (I think this is taken
mid "I'm almost done with my passport papers!")
Lest you're not feeling the LOVE, maybe you need to move From Beyond Your Dreams (Alaska) to a place where Life is Celebrated Deeply (Norfolk, Va); because not only is Virginia for Lovers, but it's the Star of the South (Roanoke).
2 comments:
thats really funny - I don't know if there are slogans here, if there are I haven't noticed? Are you going to England? Thus the passport papers? I am moving back next year again to either Liverpool or London?- its such a whimsical place.
I'd like to be, sooner rather than later. What's going to be the deciding factor? I'd do LON :)
Post a Comment